Finance Manager - International IT & Advance Analytics
This role is facing multicultural environments and will be dealing with various management levels within the organisation. Ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment with goal-oriented focus will be key to success.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Finance – International IT & Advance Analytics (IT2A), this role is responsible for providing finance support to IT2A leaders.
IT2A organisation reports to the International Division Executive and includes IT and Advanced Analytics functions to support retail & pharmacy business.
As a Finance Business partner, the role will lead Planning cycles, monthly performance reviews, Investment requests and help leaders deliver their strategic direction. The role involves working across teams and functions including Control, Tax, Treasury and FP&A and acts as a key point person relating all finance matters.
The role is critical to IT2A finance and presents high exposure to senior leaders in the organisation and drive change and influence decision making through insightful analysis. It is multi-faceted finance role with opportunity to make significant impact on IT2A operations and support the transformation agenda
• Finance Business partner to number of IT and Analytics Service areas in International Division of WBA
• Provide financial support to the IT2A leadership team in significant investments
• Lead monthly management reviews with service leads to explain deviations from budgets/forecasts and align on remedial action
• Lead IT2A Finance support on strategic projects shaping the future of WBA support functions e.g. Finance and HR
• Lead the finance support in Benefit tracking of Data Office investments to enable leaders articulate the optimum strategy in future investments.
• Review project spend vs. forecast to ensure projects remain on track to deliver defined benefits within budget
• Support the Budgeting & 3YP process for IT2A by delivering accurate and timely analysis, presentations and service area leader alignment
• Support the IT2A teams with on-going development and build of a new cost recharge methodology and tool
• Support implementation of internal financial reporting system (Planning Analytics) in newly added teams and drive the changes required to achieve efficiency and effective of reporting
Lead and develop a team of 2 Finance analysts (including 1 offshore resource)
What you’ll need to have:
This is a great opportunity who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is confident in communicating to all levels of organisation.
• Ability to build strong relationships and network across the organisation
• Strong attention to detail and ability to challenge status-quo
• Previous experience in business partnering
• Ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced, goal-focused organisation
It would be great if you also have:
• Previous experience of managing a team
• Cognos and SAP experience
• Excellent Excel skills and proficient in PowerPoint
We offer our Support Office team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust, which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working - this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan
• Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
• Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry-cleaning service
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (*all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better.
To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions
At Boots care is at the heart of everything we do.
Discover how we support you to achieve your goals, how we’re creating an open and inclusive working environment and explore our meaningful benefits.