Release Readiness Assistant, Digital - Boots UK
Welcome to the Boots.com team - an exciting team within Boots UK which is at the heart of our growth plans as more customers look to us for online help, advice and shopping inspiration, as well as of course the best Boots products, prices and offers.
As customers are changing, so are we: focusing on really understanding our customers’ needs and making the most of our great products and services to optimise the online shopping experience and drive growth.
Working in the Digital Operations team, you will collaborate with various teams across the business including Category, Supply, Logistics, IT, Store Operations, Marketing and the CSC.
About the role:
As a Release Readiness Assistant, you will form part of a tight-knit team that plays a crucial role in supporting the Release Readiness Assistant Managers in troubleshooting website issues, testing new functionality and ensuring our website provides the best customer journey across all our platforms.
You’ll have a passion for getting it right for our customers, a keen eye for detail, and a pragmatic approach.
• Responsible for the testing of the customer-facing digital releases as they move through our test environments onto the live site.
• Managing testing within strict timeframes and to a high standard.
• Liaising with teams cross-functionally to understand the elements of each release.
• Taking ownership of raising, tracking and retesting defects, ensuring that the team are updated on progress throughout the process.
• Responsible for the creation of test plans for each release, covering exploratory and functional testing.
• Communicating any impediments to progress in a timely manner to allow the Release Readiness Assistant Managers to prioritise and ensure the correct decisions on resolution are taken.
• Supporting out-of-hours testing for releases on go-live mornings, plus any ad hoc requirements.
• Supporting the wider Boots.com team with any issues found during day-to-day activities, including out-of-hours support.
• Required to understand the many different systems and tools that compose the site and are used to support Boots.com releases.
• Work cross-functionally with various teams and stakeholders across the business, also working closely with our third-party suppliers.
• You will have an inquiring mind, be pragmatic, and hold a strong passion for the business.
• Be able to identify patterns and trends and be comfortable asking questions.
• You will be proactive in your approach, taking ownership of your work.
• Work cross-functionally and build strong working relationships with others regardless of their level (e.g. developers, senior managers).
• Enjoy change and working in a dynamic environment, with the confidence to work through the highs and lows.
• Problem-solving, attention to detail, a structured approach, and a desire to improve business processes will be some of your core skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and technically savvy with the ability to learn multiple different systems.
• Working to tight deadlines under pressure to meet the needs and demands of an online business. You will be required to work and make decisions at pace.
We offer our Support Office team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust, which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working - this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan
• Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
• Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry-cleaning service
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (*all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions
At Boots care is at the heart of everything we do.
Discover how we support you to achieve your goals, how we’re creating an open and inclusive working environment and explore our meaningful benefits.