Hospital Accuracy Checking Pharmacy Technician
Are you passionate about patient care and delivering the best clinical services? We are looking for Accuracy Checking Pharmacy Technicians to join our skilled healthcare teams and play a key role in delivering safe and effective pharmacy services to the local community.
About the opportunity
From providing customers with expert advice, to supplying a prescription service that exceeds their expectations, you’ll be providing a real personable service that our customers can trust. You’re key to helping us change for the better and ¬making a real difference in the local community - whether it's the services we offer, helping to get the best out of your team or our approach to legendary customer care. This is a great opportunity to develop yourself and continue your pharmacy career with the UK’s largest pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer.
Your main duties will include:
- Accurately check customer prescriptions that have been clinically checked by a pharmacist whilst meeting regulatory and company standards
- Ordering medicines, labelling, dispensing and endorsing of prescriptions
- Providing expert, tailored advice to every customer about the medicines, products and services we offer
- Building great relationships with your Pharmacy team, coaching and inspiring them to deliver the highest standard of care to our customers and patients
- Responsible for legal, safe & ethical decision-making in the pharmacy
- Seeking opportunities to engage external stakeholders to secure locally commissioned services and drive services and items
- Delivering efficient dispensary operations to ensure dispensing losses are minimised
- Previous pharmacy experience
- Be registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the General Pharmaceutical Council
- A passion for customer care
- Ability to coach and lead the Dispensary team
- Able to work as part of a busy team
- An Accuracy Checking Pharmacy Technician qualification, however if you don't have this then we will be more than happy to train you.
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Generous staff discount
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better.
To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
If you’re application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email. This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check in certain locations.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions
At Boots care is at the heart of everything we do.
Discover how we support you to achieve your goals, how we’re creating an open and inclusive working environment and explore our meaningful benefits.