Global Chemical Advisor
Global Chemical Advisor
The closing date for this vacancy is Friday 3rd March 2023.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our brilliant team as a Global Chemical Advisor on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Chemical Advisor your role is to ensure that The No7 Beauty Company are fully aware and prepared for any future challenge (legislation and/or other threats) against the chemicals we use in our cosmetic and OTC products.
In this role, you will help shape responsible chemical management in a market leading Global Company working in conjunction with a wide group of cross functional and global stakeholders in the UK, Asia and US including Regulatory, Safety, Sustainability, Product Development, Claims and Research.
WHO WE ARE
No7 Beauty Company is more than just one voice. In 2021 six brands - No7, Liz Earle, Soap & Glory, Botanics, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin - joined forces and No7 Beauty Company was born. We believe in creating the best in beauty for everyone - we’re innovators with a passion for challenging perceptions with ground-breaking products, proven results and positive impact. We have built a reputation on scientific innovation, whilst being environmentally sustainable and socially responsible. No matter where you work in No7 Beauty Company, you’ll be empowered to bring your authentic self and we share a culture where diversity, equity and inclusion are at the centre of everything we do. Join us and together we can achieve more. Find out more here.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will use your knowledge of horizon scanning to identify chemicals of concern and to accurately assess the impact for No7BC. You will provide robust summaries and recommendations of the impact to No7BC to facilitate decisions regarding any resource required to remove/replace any chemical of concern.
You will maintain the WBA Chemical Action List that details the chemicals that No7BC, Boots and all of our exclusive brands, prohibit and restrict in cosmetic and household cleaning products. Also responsible for:
• Responsible for undertaking horizon scanning activities to identify future chemical of concern to GB.
• Responsible for robust impact assessments and proposals for risk mitigation following the identification of chemicals of concern.
• In executing these responsibilities, you’ll be accountable for documenting and communicating decisions in an appropriate and timely manner.
• Build scientific expertise in chemistry and chemical risk management fields to drive continuous improvement of the products and protect the brands and business.
We offer our Support Office team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working - this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE
If you have a strong desire, self-motivation, and the ability to develop in the field of Chemical Management we want to hear from you. Ideally, we’d like you to bring the following with you:
• A good knowledge of chemistry is essential, although a good knowledge of any scientific subject would be considered
• Demonstrated communication skills; you must be able to summarise and articulate technical information to diverse audiences both verbally and in writing to all levels of the organisation.
• You will have excellent IT skills as you will need to be able to manipulate complex data
• You must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities, along with the ability to operate efficiently under continuous change
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
• Experience within a project management environment would be very useful, but not a prerequisite for the role.
• Experience with either risk assessment and/or horizon scanning activities are desirable
• Travel links including on campus bus stops, parking and close to train and tram links
• Generous discount on our own brands and partner businesses
• Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry-cleaning service
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
We are a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions
At Boots care is at the heart of everything we do.
Discover how we support you to achieve your goals, how we’re creating an open and inclusive working environment and explore our meaningful benefits.