Back to results
About the opportunity.
A very exciting role where you will lead the day to day activities of the store. Reporting to the Store Manager – Hub you will support the team to provide the very best in store customer experience at Boots Opticians and from start to the end of the customer journey.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the team instore to deliver a culture of exceptional care for colleagues and customers, putting the customers at the heart of my decision making
- Driving the team to deliver the Hub local plans for Enhanced Services
- Proactively managing clinics on the day to drive up productivity and efficiency
- I am responsible for the day to day maintenance Clinical and Health and Safety standards in store
- Supporting the Store Manager – Hub to deliver the highest retailing standards, walking the shop floor on every day, having a robust operational platform to deliver clean, a well presented shop floor and clinical areas and that our colleagues are at their best all of the time
- Support the development of the Optical Consultant team
- Keyholder responsibilities, ensuring the operational procedures of the store are followed
You will have leadership experience and be widely respected by peers, customers, Store Manager - Hub and Area Manager. Key capabilities include:
- The ability to train and guide store colleagues.
- You will be a motivator and great communicator in both 1:1 and group situations.
- Full training provided
- Creating a positive in store culture with a delivery mind-set. You will be a great listener and have your finger on the store pulse.
- Keeping up to date with your own learning and development.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Excellent opportunities to develop and career opportunities across Boots Opticians, Retail and Pharmacy.
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Boots Opticians is one of the leading optical chains in the UK. We’re all about enriching the lives of every person who walks through our door; including yours. Bring your skills to a business that offers genuine career progression thanks to sheer diversity of stores and roles – and expect to be supported and developed from day one.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our careers page and read about this exciting opportunity. If you choose to apply, your application will be reviewed by our team and we will contact you as soon as we can. If successful, we will contact you to arrange an interview with the hiring manager.
Our Diversity and Inclusion commitment.
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive team. We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance.
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions
At Boots care is at the heart of everything we do.
Discover how we support you to achieve your goals, how we’re creating an open and inclusive working environment and explore our meaningful benefits.