Procurement Category Manager – Logistics & Supply Chain
Procurement Category Manager – Logistics & Supply Chain
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of the most respected, ambitious and dynamic teams in the industry, leading the thinking on procurement strategy and making a real difference to the organisation and our customers.
As the Category Manager for Logistics, you will be part of a team managing a spend of c215m across categories such as transport, distribution and warehouse facilities, warehouse automation and equipment, couriers and packaging to support e-commerce, and critical store consumables.
Boots supply chain is at the heart of the business and constantly evolving to improve our customer offer which means our Procurement team work alongside a highly motivated and engaged group of stakeholders on a wide variety of projects and contract requirements critical for the ongoing success of Boots.
About the opportunity
The overriding responsibility is to deliver the best possible value to Walgreens Boots Alliance from 3rd party relationships within the category by:
• Leading the development, implementation and ongoing management of procurement category strategies to deliver current and future value
• Provide thought & commercial leadership to stakeholders including senior group executives
• Working cross functionally with stakeholders (functional, procurement and supplier) at all levels to develop strategy and implementation.
• Deliver creative commercial outcomes and lead supplier negotiations
• Work within cross functional teams to ensure ongoing management of existing supplier contracts and relationships.
• Ensure timely delivery of objectives and targets, ensuring all necessary processes, including formal approvals are completed.
• Be commercially astute with strong negotiation skills and adept at applying a variety of commercial approaches to deliver real value to the business
• Experience of end to end category management and procurement processes
• Able to operate collaboratively within a complex environment
• Excellent communication skills and relationship builder
• Experience of delivering at pace whilst working on a wide range procurement projects
• Have industry knowledge and category insights to provide knowledge based challenge to stakeholders across the business
• Prior experience of Supply Chain/Logistics categories preferred but other relevant category experience considered
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions
At Boots care is at the heart of everything we do.
Discover how we support you to achieve your goals, how we’re creating an open and inclusive working environment and explore our meaningful benefits.