Project Specialist – Digital Content Creation
PROJECT SPECIALIST - DIGITAL CONTENT CREATION
Secondment / Fixed Term Contract - 12 Months
Full or part-time considered
Retail Operations Development is looking for an experienced Digital Content Creator to join the Knowledge Management project team.
You’ll be creating and building digital assets and pages on an internal website that will enable team members in-store to deliver a consistently strong customer experience, operate our stores to the expected standards and make sure we get right first-time execution.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be responsible for creating a range of digital support materials across all the different areas of store operations. Using the new communications toolkit and tone of voice principles you’ll work with stakeholders to build refreshed and streamlined content that gives store team members concise, accurate and easy to understand information.
Success in the role will require you to work collaboratively within a team, enjoy problem-solving and find ways to make content accessible and relevant whilst constantly keeping a user-centric approach to creating content.
- Create engaging content to support a step change in the accuracy, relevance and usability of the information provided to store teams
- Lead the implementation of new materials through editing and publishing content onto an internal website, making sure pages are optimised for the user experience
- Work cross functionally with internal stakeholders to understand their needs and agree on solutions for their content requirements
- Work with the project team to make sure that progress is tracked, updated and shared across teams, and that any challenges or successes are highlighted appropriately
- Use analytics and insight to assess the impact of any changes made to the content and website, using these to continually improve the user experience and performance.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE
- Knowledge and experience in user-centered content design, developing, testing and iterating content to meet user needs and organisational objectives
- Experience in writing engaging content for a range of digital channels e.g. websites, documentation, using tools such as Photoshop, InDesign and PowerPoint
- Meticulous attention to detail, impeccable spelling, punctuation, grammar skills and eye for detail
- Experience in using analytics tools e.g. Google Analytics or similar to inform content and navigational improvements
- Self-motivated and keen to come up with your own ideas to improve user experiences and overcome challenges
- Experience in stakeholder management and the ability to build good working relationships across the business
- A structured approach to your work with excellent organisational and project management skills
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience in creating video content (typically with an iPhone or iPad) and doing basic editing
- Ability to take visually interesting photographic imagery, using photoshop or similar to do basic edits and prepare for use in documentation or publishing
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
- Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry cleaning service
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better.
To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
Closing Date: 12th February 2023
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
This role requires the successful candidate to complete a Pre-employment check after receiving an offer. Depending on your location you will asked to submit either a DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service), PVG (Protection of Vulnerable groups) or an Access NI Check.
Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions
At Boots care is at the heart of everything we do.
Discover how we support you to achieve your goals, how we’re creating an open and inclusive working environment and explore our meaningful benefits.