Digital Services Assistant, Online Digital Services Team
Fixed Term Contract
The Digital Services Team are responsible for leading a wide range of operational & business processes across our UK and ROI digital platforms, ensuring that they operate effectively, deliver value and always enhance the customer experience.
We have a new opportunity to join our team and learn skills across our two main teams; Digital Product Setup and Digital Promotions & Events. This is an exciting chance to join our Digital first team and learn how our products, promotions, new brands and big events are operationally planned, set up, tested and implemented online.
About the opportunity
• Chance to become an expert in our Digital systems which launches and maintains our products and promotions online. Depending on wider team requirements, you may have opportunity & be asked to support the wider Digital team on ad hoc projects
• Be one of the first to learn ways of working in both areas and help shape the development plan for future team members
• Accurately document, track, set up, test and publish promotions or products required to the appropriate timings & standards, having completed self & colleague checks to ensure this. This is an extensive part of the role so suited to some who thrives on this type of task.
• Tasks could range from testing and signing off promotions due to go live on site, ensuring they work as briefed, that there are no technical nuances and work commercially correct especially when on multiple deals, through to liaising with our suppliers to obtain the correct copy, product attributes & imagery then accurately implementing this on site, optimised to show to the customer and colleagues in the best possible & clear way.
• You will need to ensure that the relevant requesters, trackers & managers are updated accurately and reported, to effectively communicate when tasks are completed or share detailed progress & then pass this on to others if required.
• Able to build relationships quickly within the Digital Services team and externally with all the key teams who we support and are a team player, finishing the day as one team than an individual
• Have an inquiring mind, be curious on the ‘why’ to understand cause/effect of processes, be pragmatic and take ownership for their work
• Grow knowledge quickly, open with their competence & development, learn from mistakes and apply training. Be confident in reaching out to peers for any support required and able to adhere to documented standard operating procedures according to whichever team you are supporting
• Can deal with multiple priorities especially with working across multiple teams and ensure relevant tasks are completed to time and accuracy expectation. Able to switch between activities effectively keeping logical track of where you are and able to pivot to something else when required
• Able to challenge colleagues and briefing teams to ensure the set deadline is met or effectively escalated to uphold customer experience and commercial agreements
• Must be confident in using the Microsoft suite, specifically excel, and have the skill to manipulate data to spot errors or get to an answer efficiently, calling out any accurate data-based insights where appropriate and sharing them
• Optimisation led, with SEO experience and experience of being a champion for customer is preferable
• Flexible to meet the testing and sign off timings required before peak traffic times / days online as highlighted below
Important Information: The role will be part of a shift-based team who support flexible business requirements and growth of the business, this may include weekends, bank holidays and seasonal periods. With our website available for customers 24 hours a day, working times will vary at short notice and require some early mornings from 5am to ensure everything is accurate and signed off ahead of customer peak shopping periods.
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Excellent onsite facilities, including; staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach, because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working (our Head Office is based in Nottingham).
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions