Warehouse Operations Manager – Boots UK, Burton On Trent
Boots UK is looking to recruit an experienced Logistics Operations Manager to join our Burton Service Centre. We’re more than just trucks and sheds here. We’re a world class, award-winning operation– ensuring that our customers have access to the right products at the right time in any of our stores across the UK. In this role you will lead the digital strategy and be integral in driving the delivery of our customer e-commerce operation. Sitting at the heart of the online order fulfilment arena, your role will be to deliver direct to customer (dotcom) and fulfilment of Christmas and Mothercare orders to our shops. With a recent multi-million-pound investment in our automation operations and development of robotics, this is a really exciting time to join our expanding operation and start your journey with us.
About the role
• To lead, develop and motivate a team of department managers who are customer experience focused, delivering plans that maximise on shelf availability and delivering the highest service level possible to customers thorough effective and accurate picking, packing and presentation of online orders and Christmas and Mothercare orders into our shops
• Responsible for ensuring service and cost targets are met for your function, including responsibility for setting and agreeing service targets/budgets and maintain costs in line with budget
• Manage performance of team and ensure feedback in the moment, using a coaching approach to develop people and ensure performance reviews are completed ensuring a positive culture
• You and your team will have a Health and Safety first mindset, ensuring policies are adhered to, continuous improvement through accident reduction plans, ensure all dangerous occurrence’s and accidents have well thought out actions from root cause analysis
• Continually review resourcing strategies, creating a brilliant environment and culture for our diverse team and maintaining strong USDAW partnership to support our team members
What you’ll need to have
• A strong leader, with experience of managing and motivating an operational team including planning and organising, exposure to controlling costs and managing a budget
• You’ll need to have detailed experience / knowledge of supply chain and warehouse processes and working with automated warehouse systems
• Must be flexible and prepared to “go the extra mile” for the customer whilst remaining focussed under pressure
• The ability to interpret high level data, forward thinking, who can drive and motivate teams to achieve results, and help to create a culture that they are proud of
• You’ll need to be adaptable and open to change, and willing to embrace the ambiguity of a continually changing environment
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan
• Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
• Access to corporate discounts and offers, including retail, cinema, holidays etc.
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better.
To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions