Overview of Boots Digital and our role:
Welcome to the Boots Digital team – an exciting team at the heart of Boots UK’s growth plans. As customers are changing, so are we! We’re focusing on really understanding our customers’ needs and making the most of our great products and services to optimise the online shopping experience and drive growth.
The Digital Operations team sits at the heart of Boots.com, with responsibility for the exemplary operational planning, testing, sign off and implementation across all customer channels.
About the role:
This role sits within our User Acceptance Testing & Digital Release team, reporting to the Digital Operations Manager and will be leading a team responsible for ensuring our digital development releases land smoothly both for our customers and colleagues.
• Supporting the Acceptance and Implementation Managers by managing the customer facing, digital releases into the production environment.
• Liaising with teams cross functionally to understand the elements of each release.
• Ensuring that the exploratory and automated testing for each release is completed to the expected timeframes and to the expected standard
• Ensuring that progress is tracked, updated and shared across teams, and that any impediments to progress are raised in a timely manner
• Managing defect resolution throughout the process, ensuring that all stakeholders are aware and correct decisions on resolution are taken
• Responsible for arranging and leading resources out of hours to test each release on go-live mornings.
• Lead and support the Release Readiness Assistants on a day-to-day basis, helping guide and shape their development with smart objectives through regular 1:1 meetings/reviews
• Accountable for understanding the many different systems and tools that are required to support Boots.com releases
• Liaise and advise on future projects, ensuring that customer needs and planned solutions align, and timelines, testing and acceptance criteria is understood
What you’ll need to have:
• You will have an inquiring mind, be pragmatic, and hold a strong passion for the business. You will be proactive in your approach, taking ownership of your work.
• Work cross-functionally and build strong working relationships with others regardless of their level
• Problem-solving, attention to detail, a structured approach, and a desire to improve business processes will be some of your core skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and technically savvy with the ability to learn multiple different systems.
• Working to tight deadlines under pressure to meet the needs and demands of an online business. You will be required to work and make decisions at pace.
• Please note: With our website available for customers 24hours a day, working times will vary and require early mornings from 3am/4am to ensure everything is perfect for the day ahead.
We offer our Support Office team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust, which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working - this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan
• Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
• Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry-cleaning service
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions