The Boots Cloud Centre of Excellence team is seeking an experienced Cloud Architect to join our growing International IT and Advanced Analytics (IT2A) function. This role has the flexibility to work from either our London, Weybridge or Nottingham offices on a flexible office/home hybrid approach.
We are looking for people who want to challenge the ‘norm’; we want to change how we use the Cloud and help our companies who have some awesome ideas on how we help our patients and customers aand the Cloud Centre of Excellence is pivotal to help our colleagues across IT and the wider business to make the most of the Cloud.
So, if you’re a great individual with the desire to make things happen and want to join a team of equally great people, please get in touch.
About the role:
As our new Cloud Architect, you will be responsible for defining and driving the Enterprise Cloud Solution. This includes being responsible for developing, defining and improving upon the RPI Cloud Strategy and Roadmap, the Cloud Framework, Policies and Procedures to deliver and establishing best practices.
The Cloud Architect will engage across business organizational areas to understand strategies, objectives and needs in order to facilitate their successful outcomes, while also anticipating future needs and requirements.
- Leads and facilitates the cloud adoption process being a liaison to the business partners to facilitate fit-for-purpose consumption of cloud services.
- Provides direction for application architecture and deployment in cloud environments.
- Conduct technological research supporting the organization goals and projects.
- Leads in setting standards for cloud consumption, including integration of cloud services with heritage data center environments and how to transition application designs to run on the cloud.
- Contributes to the design on how applications can achieve their SLAs and what tools that can help them with the development, creation and management of those applications (including Self-Service, Orchestration, CI/CD pipeline and integrated automated testing within those delivery models).
What you’ll need to have:
- Experience as a Cloud Architect with successful track history in leading technical architecture discussions with stakeholders at all levels (i.e. senior management, project/programme management, Applications/Service Management and DevOps teams) to deliver secure and compliant cloud infrastructure solutions
- Experience of designing Microsoft Azure based cloud solutions
- Strong knowledge of cloud-based (IaaS, PaaS & SaaS) technologies, in particular Microsoft Azure
- Experience of successfully designing and deploying solutions in complex multi-vendor projects and where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects
- Experience and understanding of large-scale multi-tier infrastructure deployments in global enterprise environments
- Creates design documents that ensure consistency in development across the IT/Engineering organisation. Participates in the definition of IT/Engineering architecture to ensure that the IT/Engineering organization's solutions are built within a consistent framework.
- It would be great if you also had:
- Certification: Azure Solution Architect Expert
- A broad understanding of modern software licencing models and cost optimisation strategies (i.e. TCO) for Cloud hosted solutions, with experience of making cost optimisation recommendations during solution design
- Experience of managing a diverse set of stakeholders across multiple organisations and influencing their conflicting objectives into a pragmatic solution and deliverable release schedule
- Promote co-operation and facilitate coordination of all technical and non-technical streams within a programme to achieve the successful delivery of an integrated solution
- Be an excellent communicator and comfortable at explaining and presenting both solutions and rationale for decision making to both technical and non-technical audiences via documentation and presentations
- The ability to present complex technical ideas (both written and verbal), anticipate potential objections and persuade others to adopt the most appropriate view
About our team – Cloud Centre of Excellence
WBA is the world’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2,500 stores in the UK, approaching 10,000 stores in the US and thousands more internationally, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible.
WBA is continuing the journey we started a couple of years ago with the Cloud. We are now embarking on establishing our International (Boots UK, No 7 Beauty Company, Boots Opticians and International Retail) Cloud Centre of Excellence which will support and develop the services we look after today.
You will have the opportunity to help set up the Cloud Centre of Excellence from the start, so you can influence how we set ourselves up for success. This is an exciting time for us as we look to build a super team of brilliant people who can help our companies maximise the opportunities the Cloud brings to organisations. From setting up the FinOps function, through to working in Architecture to develop our strategies, to developing our Engineering capability around automation and AI, to all the way to supporting the services we have and making these even better.
Generous staff discount including enhanced discounts on Boots brands and Boots Opticians
Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry cleaning service
Travel links including on campus bus stops, parking and close to train and tram links
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; Click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
If your application is successful, our recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions