Nurse Governance Manager (Fixed Term/Secondment - 12 Months)
Full time, 37.5 hours
An exciting opportunity for a Nurse Governance Manager to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in Boots Independent Medical Agency, developing our CQC registered nurse-led services delivered through Boots shops.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Nurse Governance Manager will lead the governance agenda for the development of services for delivery by nurses in Boots shops. Working closely with the Registered Manager, they will ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and maintenance of Boots’ CQC registration. They will lead on all aspects of the employment of nurses and their ongoing professional development requirements. Reporting to the Senior Manager – Innovation & Prescribing, the Nurse Governance Manager will be part of the wider Superintendent Pharmacist’s team, they will support current and future healthcare strategy.
• Lead the development of existing and future services to optimize the skills of nurses in line with Pharmacy Services Governance structures
• Lead the professional aspects of the employment of nurses in line with professional body standards, supporting ongoing professional development
• Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements of the Independent Medical Agency’s (IMA) registration with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and the Regulatory, and Quality Improvement Authority (RQIA) both centrally and at the individual locations where nurses provide care.
• Provide expert professional, legal and ethical advice, information and support to the business, stores and associated stakeholders in the development of services for delivery by nurses across the business.
• With business stakeholders and appropriate regulatory & trade body input, determines clear business requirements for future service developments and innovation to support current and future healthcare strategy. Reports outcomes back to the relevant pharmacy teams and stakeholders both in support office and the field.
• Responsibility to ensure compliance with Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) and subsequent amendments and Care Quality Commission 2009 (Registration) Regulations and the equivalent for RQIA registration in Northern Ireland.
We offer our Support Office team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working - this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE
• Registered as a practising nurse with a minimum of 5 years post-registration experience
• Some previous experience with responsibilities for CQC (or RQIA) registration. Must be familiar with Care Quality Commission and Regulatory Quality and Improvement Authority of Northern Ireland regulations.
• The ability to form and develop clinical relationships with external stakeholders including 3rd party companies (where services are developed in collaboration) in order to shape our service provision and use impact and influence as required.
• A clinical background with acute awareness of patient safety and provide evidence of a comprehensive command of the RCN Standards of conduct, ethics and performance.
• Articulate communication skills (both written and verbal), a high concern for order and quality, be able to work to tight deadlines, prioritise effectively and deliver on time
• Strong personal skills will include self-confidence when dealing with senior management level and third parties, project management skills, excellent communication skills and an ability to work to demanding schedules when required. .
• Held previous positions which demanded the job holder to support high standards of professional practice.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
• A deep understanding of the Care Quality Commission and Regulatory Quality and Improvement Authority of Northern Ireland regulations.
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan
• Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
• Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry cleaning service
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here https://www.boots.jobs/uk-benefits-v2/ to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better.
To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here https://www.boots.jobs/why-boots/
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours.
If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
This role requires the successful candidate to complete a Pre-employment check after receiving an offer. Depending on your location you will asked to submit either a DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service), PVG (Protection of Vulnerable groups) or an Access NI Check.
Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions