Overview of Boots Digital and the role:
Welcome to the Boots Digital team – an exciting team at the heart of Boots UK’s growth plans.
As customers are changing, so are we! We’re focusing on really understanding our customers’ needs and making the most of our great products and services to optimise the online shopping experience and drive growth.
This role is essential to researching, writing and designing best in class user experiences for future digital products and services. You see writing as designing and language as a design material, ensuring language used is succinct, simple to understand and user centric, guiding the user through their journey and interactions.
About the role:
We’re looking for a mid-weight Content Designer to join our growing User Experience (UX) team at Boots. As a UX team, User Centred Design (UCD) sits at the core of everything we do.
This role will research and write user friendly and accessible content for future digital products and services. Proactively contributing user centric recommendations to the backlog and roadmap.
• Communication of the user experience, creating easy to understand content and copy. Defining, writing, testing and iterating the content through our User Centred Design process. Ensuring the right information, is in the right place, at the right time. You’ll take complex design and business problems and solve them with simple language. Copy style is succinct and written in plain language, in a way that users understand.
• Teaming up with User Researchers, Product Designers and UX Leads throughout the User Centred Design process. From discovery research and concepts, right through to detailed design production. Grounding all content design in insight and rationale. Collaborating with wider teams of Product Management, IT, Optimisation and Chief Pharmacy Officers.
• Upskill, educate and empower the wider UX team as our Subject Matter Expert in content design and copy, advocating the importance of content design and its harmony with interface and interaction.
• Work within our User Centred Design process and design language, contributing and evolving these where appropriate. Shape and own the Digital Design Language (DDL) tone of voice and content best practice guidance, aligning it to Boots omnichannel guidance. Considerate of global experience coherency, accessibility compliance and all channels/touchpoints, unifying the user experience across multiple areas, projects and scrum teams.
• Ensure all user experiences balance the needs of the user, the goals of the business and the technical feasibility. Fuel the product backlog and roadmap via user centric research, ideation and validation. Stay current with emerging technology and industry best practices and applying these to our business and ways of working.
What you’ll need to have:
• Must have experience designing and writing for WCAG accessibility standards compliance. Beneficial to have worked within a design system and brand guidelines/design language.
• A user centric design background with 2-5 years content design experience in a similar role. Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, HCI, Interactive/Multimedia Design, Computer Science or equivalent is beneficial.
• Superb user centric content design skills and experience. Meticulous attention to detail. Confident and experienced in user centred content design. With a portfolio or sample of work to showcasing your latest projects and represent your thinking process. Beneficial to have a working knowledge of industry standard tools e.g. Figma, Sketch, Jira.
• Excellent written and verbal communicator. Articulate with the ability to storytell, pitch and influence in a language appropriate for your audience.
• Proactive, self-motivated, collaborative and curious to learn. Able to manage time and workload across multiple projects and product teams, in parallel. Familiarity with agile and lean methodologies is beneficial.
We offer our Support Office team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust, which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working - this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan
• Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
• Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry-cleaning service
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions