Pharmacy and Delivery Collection Manager - Birmingham City
Closing Date: 8th December
As a Pharmacy and Delivery Collection Manager, you will lead your drivers to provide Boots legendary customer care whilst ensuring that they meet tight deadlines & cost targets. Driving great relationships while enhancing the lives of thousands of patients we care for.
About the opportunity
Working across Birmingham City hubs and satellites in Fort Dunlop and West Bromwich. Either site can be the primary location. Controlling your team of drivers and ensuring standards are high.
• Build great relationships with key stakeholders
• Ensure adherence to all standards & policies e.g. Standard Operating Procedures, Health & Safety while acting as an ambassador for Boots & PDC always
• Lead a team of PDC drivers – typically 30 – 70 heads. Also manages Team Coordinators
• Motivate, develop & coach drivers, setting performance standards & holding individuals to account against these
• Deliver outstanding customer care across all PDC customers. Drive the service to be flexible, agile & reliable
• Good people management skills with an ability to effectively influence a team who work remotely. Need to balance good communication skills with an ability to engage, motivate and where necessary hold to account
• Ability to build constructive & productive relationships with a range of stakeholders
• Solid planning & organising skills, good attention to detail
• Able to work under pressure, manage competing demands and respond quickly and calmly in a crisis
• Able to demonstrate a real commitment to customer care and that this is a fundamental driver in their thinking
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*Boots has a commitment to our candidates and as such we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We have a defined list of preferred agency partners who may be invited to support us in sourcing candidates for particular roles.
We do not accept speculative and unsolicited CVs submitted to Boots contractors and employees by any means other than through our recruitment portal under instruction from the Boots Recruitment Team*
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions