Assistant Marketing Manager - Local Marketing (Boots Opticians) 3-month secondment
This is a key role in our Marketing team to ensure we can maximise local outreach opportunities to drive customer volume in identified stores. Responsible for supporting new store openings, Franchise stores and will play a key role in building local partnerships and driving localised customer engagement.
About the opportunity
Working within the Opticians Marketing team, you will be responsible for supporting opticians stores to identify local marketing opportunities and requirements -
• Oversee the local store marketing activation within budget and to timelines
• Work cross-functionally with Retail, Marketing, Trading, Property, Franchise, Finance to ensure all activity is legally sound and reflective of the Trading priorities and representing the priority messaging and objectives.
• Support and advise on optimising marketing opportunities on a local level (e.g. banners, local press and PR, flyering, digital screens, local business partnerships) by building relationships with key community/town centre stakeholders and activating the activity as required.
• Responsible for working with print agency to produce and activate local marketing materials with support from central marketing team
• Responsible for enabling store managers to execute national marketing programs effectively on a local level
• Ensure the marketing basics are being optimised in all stores
• Support central marketing team with gathering information required to deliver PR activity, create localized marketing assets and measure effectiveness of local marketing activity.
• A passion for marketing with relevant marketing experience or qualifications
• Ability to build relationships and network
• Ability to work at pace, adjusting to the needs of the business, to meet deadlines
• Self-starter with initiative to identify opportunities and make things happen off their own back
• Motivated, challenges the norm with a ‘can do’ attitude and customer first mindset. Wants to explore fresh ideas
• Travel to Boots Opticians stores and competitor stores nationwide.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Boots Opticians is one of the leading optical chains in the UK and we’re still growing.
We’re all about enriching the lives of every person who walks through our door; including yours. Bring your skills to a business that offers genuine career progression thanks to sheer diversity of practices and roles – and expect to be supported and developed from day one.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working..
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*Boots has a commitment to our candidates and as such we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We have a defined list of preferred agency partners who may be invited to support us in sourcing candidates for particular roles.
We do not accept speculative and unsolicited CVs submitted to Boots contractors and employees by any means other than through our recruitment portal under instruction from the Boots Recruitment Team*
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions