Pharmacy Learning & Development Programme Co-Ordinator
Options for part time (22.5 hours per week) or full time
Closing Date – Wednesday 7th December 2022
Working with the Healthcare L&D team at the Nottingham Support office, this role will support Boots with day-to-day delivery of key training interventions to current and future healthcare teams.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Pharmacy L&D Assistant Programme Manager, this role will support the day-to-day tasks needed to implement and co-ordinate the design, delivery and management of external facing training interventions, including; clinical pharmacy placements, IP training interventions and devolution programme support.
- Supports and co-ordinates the effective implementation, delivery and communications for your workstreams (through the Healthcare L&D Standard Operating Procedures).
- Collaboratively works across all Healthcare L&D workstreams to ensure smooth delivery of Healthcare L&D programmes
- Works effectively with the Pharmacy L&D Assistant Programme Manager and Healthcare L&D team to support delivery of programmes within external and internal funding models.
- Builds strong relationships with both internal and external relevant stakeholders, to ensure consistent implementation and delivery of market-leading, insight-infused training solutions in a pharmacy-led retail environment.
- Good understanding of regulations relating to training and education in healthcare (desirable)
- Good understanding of community pharmacy, and will be able to demonstrate exceptional person-centred care (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills (both verbally and written)
- Excellent administrative, data management and organisational skills, including extensive use of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, Teams, Forms and other office tools
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
- Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
- Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Boots has a commitment to our candidates and as such we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We have a defined list of preferred agency partners who may be invited to support us in sourcing candidates for particular roles.
We do not accept speculative and unsolicited CVs submitted to Boots contractors and employees by any means other than through our recruitment portal under instruction from the Boots Recruitment Team.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions