Senior Finance Analyst
Senior Finance Analyst - 6 month contract
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to join the Boots UK finance team as Senior Finance Analyst. As part of the Finance team, the role is crucial for driving quality into our forecasting and budgeting and for providing insight to the leaders of our business.
About the opportunity
The role offers the opportunity to develop a broad understanding of our business, giving a real opportunity for career development within Boots
We are looking for someone who has the ability to:
• Assist with the preparation of forecasts, budget and 3 year plan and hold the business to account for performance against these;
• Seek out and take responsibility for delivering process and procedure improvements contributing to continuous business improvement.
• Support and challenge the business by providing management information for decision making, and providing insight and explanation into specific business performance, whilst driving a risks and opportunities focus. A source of financial integrity and stewardship in processes and behaviours
• Analyse a number of key business reports in a timely and accurate manner and provide partnering and education, improving financial awareness.
• Have experience in finance and either be qualified or studying (ACA/ACCA/CIMA);
• Be capable of communicating effectively with senior figures across the business and comfortable in challenging the status quo;
• Previous use of Planning Analytics, TM1 and SAP would be advantageous
• Be resilient and flexible, with the ability to cope in a fast-paced environment;
• Have the ability to work well as part of a team, and be able to build effective relationships across the business;
• Possess drive for self-development and growth.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Elizabeth.email@example.com
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions
At Boots care is at the heart of everything we do.
Discover how we support you to achieve your goals, how we’re creating an open and inclusive working environment and explore our meaningful benefits.