The importance of your role.
At Boots we are dedicated to staying at the forefront of providing the best clinical services and patient care for our customers. In order to do this we need the very best people to join and lead our highly skilled healthcare team who share our passion and commitment in delivering a great experience to every customer who comes into one of our pharmacies.
Accuracy and care is what this role is all about. It’s everything from providing our customers with a friendly word of advice, recommending a product they hadn’t considered, to supplying a prescription – service that exceeds their expectations.
This role is a great opportunity to continue your professional and pharmacy career.
How will you do it?
Caring for our customers.
Be confident in providing accurate, technical expert knowledge on the accurate supply of the medicines we dispense and services we offer, letting customers know that we're here to help.
Build great relationships with the Pharmacy team and inspiring them to work to a high standard to ensure e give our customers and patients the best care possible.
Look at where we can improve, whether it’s the services we offer or our approach to great customer care. You’ll be part of helping us get the best from our teams.
What you’ll be doing day to day.
Leading our dispensing activities. Working with our teams to accurately check customer prescriptions, whilst meeting regulatory and company standards.
Inspire your team to be the best they can be and continually provide real personable customer service that our customers can trust.
Your duties will include:
• Responsibility for legal, safe & ethical decision-making in the pharmacy
• Conducting the final accuracy check for prescriptions that have been clinically checked by a pharmacist
• Complying with legal and professional requirements and accepted guidance on professional practice in Boots
• Tailoring conversations with every customer to ensure they leave your pharmacy feeling informed and confident about their healthcare needs and coaching other pharmacy team members to do the same
• Seeking opportunities to engage external stakeholders to secure locally commissioned services and drive services and items
• Delivering efficient dispensary operations and ensures dispensing losses are minimised
• Ordering medicines, labelling, dispensing and endorsing of prescriptions
What you’ll need to have.
Click here to explore how your Pharmacy career can progress with us…
We’re offering you an exciting career opportunity. It’s a chance to continue your professional and pharmacy journey. But it isn’t just about experience, we’re looking for people with a genuine passion for customer care, who will coach and lead the dispensary team, and deliver pharmacy strategy in partnership with the team.
You’ll need to have lots of Pharmacy experience and be registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the General Pharmaceutical Council.
Our Diversity and Inclusion commitment
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance.
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions