WBA are seeking an experienced Chief Integration Software Architect to join our growing Integration Center of Expertise. This is a permanent role with the flexibility to work from the comfort of your own home or in our vibrant Boots head office in Nottingham.
As our new Chief Integration Software Architect, you will lead a small team of Integration SW Architects in order to define the Software Integration best practices, guidelines, patters, skeletons, and integration software frameworks to be used by the SW Delivery team in the traditional integration domains (ETL, ESB) as well as in the new technologies we are introducing (Eventing, CDC, microservices, etc.). As the Chief Integration Software Architect you will interact with senior stakeholders both internal and external to ICE as well as with other architecture teams and governance bodies.
What you’ll be doing
• Be responsible for software solutions design are realized into quality assets by the development teams.
• Lead the definition, implementation and enforcement of software best practices, templates, and standards.
• Lead the design of software solutions, providing consultancy to other team members to improve software design and coding output.
• Finding solutions to software teams technical issues in delivering project requirements
• Define and execute on developing software currency roadmap.
A self-paced individual able to work in challenging and changing environments.
• Have a strong background and significant experience in integration technologies including private and public Cloud ones.
• Be able to embrace both waterfall and agile methodologies.
• Understanding of Software architecture, Software Engineering and Software Delivery.
• Experience designing software solutions and transformation strategies.
Specific integration domain knowledge required:
• Experience designing Integration solutions, transformation strategies and code frameworks.
• Experience with Private & Public Cloud Integrations solutions as well as in premise integration solutions.
• Strong experience in core traditional Integration subdomains as well as cloud base Integration Technologies (Azure preferred):
o Event Driven architecture
About our team – Integration Center of Expertise
WBA is the world’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK, approaching 10,000 stores in the US and thousands more internationally, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible.
The Integration Center of Expertise is a cross divisional team that provides Integration services to other functions, from architecture, design, implementation, and operations. Within the remit of the function, it is at its core do all the data movements required to model business processes by connecting applications in premise and both in private and public cloud exploiting all the Integration domains. Our strategy is to move to an API first approach and move the date closer to the end consumers to enable new journeys and create he right experience for them.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you (All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility)
• Competitive salary
• Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• Boots Pension Scheme
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact matt.haywood.co.uk
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions