Need to know
For more information please contact Mark Foster on firstname.lastname@example.org
The importance of your role.
This is your chance to be part of something a bit different. You’ll help our customers feel good whilst you develop your career – from your professional expertise to your personal experience.
There's real scope to develop your career across our stores. Giving our customers fantastic care will make you feel good. Making our customers feel better is what it’s all about. It’s everything from finding out how they feel or a friendly word of advice, and your passion will really come across.
You’ll let them know that you’re there for them, when they want to pop in. Together these elements will play a big part in making us No 1 for Customer Care.
What you’ll be doing day to day.
You’ll give brilliant advice and expert knowledge that will put our customers at ease. Getting to know your customers is important to us - a friendly chat can really go far.
You'll be on hand to recommend some of our many health services that they might not know we have – it's about offering fantastic support and keeping our customers coming back. As well as your practical duties, you’ll also teach your team to pick up on the finer details – like noticing when a customer is worried about their medicine and reassuring them, setting Boots apart from other Pharmacies.
How will you do it?
It’s more than just medicine, it’s looking after our customers by being really personable and putting them at ease because we want our customers to feel good. Your customer care will be inspiring, and always reassuring.
You’ll understand that fantastic customer care will help drive sales and be confident about health services we offer, and how they can benefit customers. Letting customers know them know we're here to help them. Getting to know our customers makes such a difference to the way we do things.
You’ll pass on feedback so we can improve our customer care and the services we offer, making us a fantastic place to work, and to shop.
What you’ll need to have.
We’re looking for really great people, with a friendly personality. It’s all about working together as one great team – after all it’s our people that are at the heart of our business. It’s a fantastic opportunity to add to your own development, and a chance to learn more about us as a business.
You’ll need to have lots of community Pharmacy and retail management experience, along with great customer service skills. But it isn’t just about experience, we’re interested in seeing a bit more, the real you – and that makes us all feel good.
We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
Click here to explore how your Pharmacy career can progress with us…
Our Diversity and Inclusion commitment.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance.
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
- Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
- Reimbursement of GPHC/GOC fees in full
- Contribution towards RPS fees
- Professional indemnity insurance with the option of selecting further free cover if you also work in Primary Care settings up to 3 days per week (subject to terms).
- Bespoke location benefits (dependant on location)
- *All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions