Welcome to the Boots.com team – an exciting team at the heart of Boots UK’s growth plans, as more customers look to us for online help, advice and shopping inspiration, as well as of course the best Boots products, prices and offers.
As customers are changing, so are we: focusing on really understanding our customers’ needs and making the most of our great products and services to optimise the online shopping experience and drive growth.
About the opportunity:
We’re looking for a motivated and creative Digital Copy and Content Lead for Boots Opticians, with a specialist skill in copywriting to join the Digital Experience team, and lead projects from brief to live on our UK website.
You will embed yourself within the Boots Opticians Marketing team to truly understand the Opticians’ business objectives & translate this onto Boots.com. You’ll work within the Digital Experience team and alongside a dedicated Opticians designer and merchandiser, to ensure all briefs that come into the team are delivered from end to end, giving a customer experience to remember.
In a fast paced and reactive environment, you’ll be relied upon to stay calm and collected, working within the Boots guidelines, to ensure the digital experience is best-in-class.
• Lead content creation and delivery for Boots Opticians projects, campaigns and events to ensure they land on time on Boots.com
• Develop engaging content and copy to meet the briefs of high-profile campaigns and projects, through the project lifecycle of creation of copy, testing, quality control, final page approvals and publishing to live
• Stakeholder management with internal teams and external agencies including Boots Opticians, and Digital commercial and operations teams, to ensure digital assets and copy are signed-off prior to go live
• Champion and embed the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, and Boots copy principles into boots.com, ensuring pharmacy, medical and legal compliance
• Work with the Optimisation team to test and learn within our CMS system, supplying copy options, evaluating and applying findings to future campaigns
• Work within the project management workflow tool to brief in work, manage team resource, monitor status, and deliver to agree timelines
• Proven experience within digital content/copy for a commercial site
• Previous digital/digital marketing experience
• CMS working knowledge (Abobe AEM)
• Excellent project management, organisation and communication skills, with high attention to detail and customer focus
• Strong and collaborative stakeholder management
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy up to five more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Excellent onsite facilities, including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach, because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working (our Head Office is based in Nottingham).
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
*Boots has a commitment to our candidates and as such we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We have a defined list of preferred agency partners who may be invited to support us in sourcing candidates for particular roles. We do accept speculative and unsolicited CVs submitted to Boots contractors and employees by any means other than through our recruitment portal under instruction from the Boots Recruitment Team*
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions