WBA are seeking an experienced Information Security Vendor Assurance Manager to join our growing International InfoSec team. This role has the flexibility to work from either our London, Weybridge or Nottingham offices on a flexible office/home hybrid approach. Third party risk is a rapidly growing area of enterprise information security risk. This is an exciting opportunity to lead and manage the team(s) responsible for evaluating and resolving business issues relating to third party vendor security risk.
You will work to resolve problems across areas within your specified area of security expertise, developing and implementing protocols that impact the daily operational activities of the specified area of Security.
Do you enjoy working within Information Security and would like to work with purpose and autonomy? If yes, apply today to find out more!
What you’ll be doing
- Implement new or upgraded security measures or controls, and document system or process changes.
- Review security violation reports or logs, investigate possible security exceptions and coordinate with internal teams or external agencies as needed, including managed service providers.
- Develop and execute security controls, defences and countermeasures to intercept and prevent internal or external attacks or attempts to infiltrate company email, data, e-commerce and web-based systems.
- Advise on penetration testing and vulnerability assessments of third party provided applications, operating systems and/or networks.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of security solutions, including analysing vendor assessments to ensure vendor is complying with security contract language and WBA security requirements.
- Conduct contract reviews for appropriate security language prior to signing.
- Conduct remediation management or governance and/or escalations on vendors or operational issues requiring a solution
- Provide relevant and topical information to management as required, including producing and delivering various dashboards, metrics and other reports, as required
- Experience working in Security Engineering, Threat Response, Security Operations, IT Operations, IT Compliance and/or IT Governance
- Experience with vendor and vendor contract management, including SLA reviews
- Experience diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
WBA is the world’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK, approaching 10,000 stores in the US and thousands more internationally, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible.
Information Security is a cross divisional organization of Walgreens Boots Alliance, supporting WBA’s International Divisions (Walgreens, Boots UK, Global Brands, International Retail etc) with their security needs.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated individual to join the team, who can help to drive forward the security roadmap, support business units to ensure they are taking a security-first approach, and to ensure our business is protected.
You will be part of a conscientious, efficient, sociable team, and as a key member of Information Security, you will be a key part of the organisations continued future success.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you (All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility)
- Hybrid/flexible working
- Competitive salary
- Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- Boots Pension Scheme
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions