We are an empowered Operational Continuous Improvement & Analytics team, working as part of a world-class award-winning Supply Chain operation. Join us on our journey seeking continuous improvement in processes and facilitating data driven, fact-based decision making.
The performance of our Supply Chain is reliant upon the data we can provide to support teams; the tools we can create and the analytics we provide allows our colleagues to make pro-active decisions, at pace, to drive performance.
About the opportunity
• Using data analytics techniques and methods to drive insight and exception reports for the Supply Chain function
• Understand end to end Supply Chain process, employ this knowledge to continuous and proactively seek out opportunities for improvement
• Engage stakeholders at multiple levels, elicit requirements and tailor solutions to facilitate fast paced decision making at various levels of detail
• Work with Supply Category teams to define and prioritise requirements
• Design date models and tables that identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
• Collaborate across Supply Chain with other Data Analysts and across the wider business with Data Scientists & data driven colleagues
• Launch, train out and create supporting materials to land projects with the end users
• Understand the drivers of disservice, where KPI’s are off track and use data insight to provide recommendations.
• Fast paced delivery data and insight that is dynamic with the changing needs of the business
• Provide solutions to supply questions through bespoke analysis
• Supporting and being part of their team, being an effective team member, embracing the vision and annual plan
• Work cross functionally within the supply chain planning team and analyst team to create collaborative relationships
Required Skills and Experience:
• Demonstrable Business Analysis skills: can translate business needs to technical requirements and vice-versa
• Advanced Excel (including index, tables, arrays, power pivot, and logical formulas)
• Basic understanding of data processing languages: SQL, Visual Basic (VBA)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Data visualisation software such as: Power BI and Power BI Report Builder (or similar)
• Data processing languages: SQL, DAX, Power Query, Python (or similar)
• Microsoft Power Platform (or similar automation tools)
• Development Collaboration Software such as Azure DevOps
• Basic understanding of Microsoft Azure services
• Existing knowledge of end-to-end Supply Chain systems and Processes
Why Join our team?
As part of Supply Chain, we specialise in supply chain systems and knowledge, supporting Retail Supply and Supply Chain Planning teams consisting collectively of over a hundred colleagues. As such our data provides a holistic view of Supply Chain.
As a data analytics team in this area, we have a wealth of data and strong expertise; We utilise this to provide tools to simplify and standardise, provide analysis and recommendations, as well as management information on Key Performance Indicators (KPI) such as forecast accuracy and product availability. Every year our colleagues forecast for several thousand promotions, launch thousands of new products and plan millions of units of demand for over 2000 stores in the UK and ROI.
Alongside Supply Chain, the wider business is on a data democratisation journey with Supply Chain at the forefront as one of the largest users of data in the business. This provides plenty of opportunity to collaborate and share learnings with Data Analysts and Data Scientists from the Data Office, as well as other areas of the Business.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Emily.Smith-Kenny@boots.co.uk
*Boots has a commitment to our candidates and as such we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We have a defined list of preferred agency partners who may be invited to support us in sourcing candidates for particular roles.
We do not accept speculative and unsolicited CVs submitted to Boots contractors and employees by any means other than through our recruitment portal under instruction from the Boots Recruitment Team*
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions