Finance Manager – Capital and Investment Reporting
1 x permanent opportunity
1 x 9-12 month fixed term opportunity
As we look to continue to invest in our business it has never been so important to make sure we are backing the right projects and we are driving the performance. We’re currently looking for an experienced finance professional to work in partnership with a number of project teams as well as other Finance and business stakeholders to assess potential investment opportunities, support the preparation of business cases and to partner project leaders to drive investment performance. Great opportunity to work across different areas of the business and with the initiatives that really make a difference to performance.
About the opportunity:
• Finance business partner for transformation and capital investment programmes across Boots UK, ROI and No7 Beauty Company
• Co-ordinate the preparation of business cases, from early stage assessment to investment papers, modelling and full financial appraisal
• Investment performance reporting, focused on driving delivery and performance
• Post investment reviews
• A qualified level accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA) with applicable finance experience.
• Commercial awareness, route cause identification, identify solutions, drive performance
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Experience of financial modelling.
• Confident and articulate communication style. Ability to build strong and effective relationships with all levels of finance and non-finance stakeholders. Has the gravitas and impact to influence senior stakeholders and to hold business partners to account. Able to get things done and to manage competing priorities.
• Ability to pick things up quickly, identify issues and proactively drive actions through to conclusion. Ability to work within process/defined boundaries, but find creative and innovated solutions
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Excellent onsite facilities, including; staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach, because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working (our Head Office is based in Nottingham).
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions regarding this position please email email@example.com
*Boots has a commitment to our candidates and as such we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We have a defined list of preferred agency partners who may be invited to support us in sourcing candidates for particular roles.
We do not accept speculative and unsolicited CVs submitted to Boots contractors and employees by any means other than through our recruitment portal under instruction from the Boots Recruitment Team*
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions