Design Display Specialist
Closing Date - 15th November
The Display Design Specialist is responsible for ensuring that our displays and in store materials are designed to deliver the in-store customer experience ensuring we are a destination that both brands and customers want to be in.
Working with our design agencies, you will manage the creation or artwork into the print production process for delivery into stores, in accordance with timescales. You will be working closely with our 3rd party agencies to manage this process. Adopting a continuous learning cycle to evolve the customer in store experience by understanding results, customer insights and changing shopper and business needs.
About the opportunity:
• Cross functional working and relationship building, holding others to account and able to deal with challenging conversations and escalating where expectations are not met
• A subject matter expert in communications relevant to in store displays and the kit to ensure all communication is delivered relevant to the format
• Deliver the in-store communication and customer experience based on the customer proposition by format. Working with our design agencies to develop the creative responses and solutions in line with the Boots visual identity
• Understand our customer’s needs and what they expect to see in the future ensuring we can continue to develop and innovate the customer experience for the future
• An understanding of the customer, market changes and latest shopping habits and behaviours with a passion for retail
• Ability to collaborate with external agencies and brands, managing critical paths and costs in line with project plans while managing stakeholders in line with expectations
• Work in line with an agile culture supporting and contributing while applying the methodology, tools and techniques
• Ability to work over multiple projects at one time and monitor/report on progress to stakeholders
• Knowledge of in store merchandising, store environment and the specifics of the Boots UK (including Pharmacy), Boots Opticians & hearing care estates
• Strong commercial acumen and knowledge of how the business works with ability to cut through to gain the right results
• Work at pace to deliver the business plans right first time in line with critical dates and budgets
• Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
A bit about the team:
An exciting customer focused role at the heart of the Marketing function which brings variety and visibility to many elements of Boots UK. Fast paced and extremely passionate, our Marketing team drive our success and keep our customers coming back for more, through inspiring and innovative communications making our customers feel good and inspiring our colleagues.
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Excellent onsite facilities, including; staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach, because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working (our Head Office is based in Nottingham).
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions regarding this position please email email@example.com
*Boots has a commitment to our candidates and as such we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We have a defined list of preferred agency partners who may be invited to support us in sourcing candidates for particular roles.
We do not accept speculative and unsolicited CVs submitted to Boots contractors and employees by any means other than through our recruitment portal under instruction from the Boots Recruitment Team*
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions