*Permanent and Contract roles available*
Overview of the role:
Welcome to the Boots.com team – an exciting team at the heart of Boots UK’s growth plans, as more customers look to us for online help, advice and shopping inspiration, as well as of course the best Boots products, prices and offers.
As customers are changing, so are we: focusing on really understanding our customers’ needs and making the most of our great products and services to optimise the online shopping experience and drive growth.
The eCommerce Trading Lead is part of the eCommerce team, responsible for day to day trade of their specific categories and how they show up on boots.com, to achieve stretching growth targets.
About the opportunity:
• Responsible for driving the revenue and profit targets for your brand, by ensuring the plan is as strong as possible and drives the right traffic to the site
• Accountable for the e-commerce metrics and optimisation of your brand across the Boots.com and Boots.ie websites.
• Use insights from Boots and your brand to understand customer behavior, making decisions based on these insights to create a strong customer-focused plan using your insights and experience
• Required to work with a range of teams & individuals across boots.com, seeking out best practice and support from subject matters experts (e.g. copy writers, SEO specialists, AB testing, supply, PM) and, where appropriate, coordinating virtual teams to complete activities
• Full financial performance reporting on a weekly, monthly and ad hoc interim basis; ability to analyse, interpret and articulate performance drivers and identify risks and opportunities
A bit about you:
• Digital experience working in an e-commerce role or able to demonstrate an active interest in e-commerce with a strong understanding of online trading levers and performance marketing – confident in using data and insight to drive performance and in building and delivering plans
• Trading experience with strong financial acumen, able to analyse, interpret and articulate financial performance
• Cross functional working, a focus on brilliant delivery and relationship building are key as you will be working with a broad set of stakeholders
• High attention to detail and the ability to be adaptable. Must be highly organised, enthusiastic, and resourceful and have the ability to make decisions in a fast paced and complex environment.
• Clearly communicate timelines, tasks and deadlines to all stakeholders, highly proactive and the able to prioritise multiple tasks with minimum supervision
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Boots Pension Scheme
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach, because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working (our Head Office is based in Nottingham).
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
*Boots has a commitment to our candidates and as such we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We have a defined list of preferred agency partners who may be invited to support us in sourcing candidates for particular roles. We do accept speculative and unsolicited CVs submitted to Boots contractors and employees by any means other than through our recruitment portal under instruction from the Boots Recruitment Team*
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions