Software Architect - Integration
The Integration Software Architect ensures all the integration software produced is within the software adequate standards and designs and designs software as well as code best practices, definitions and skeletons. This role involves leading an augmented team, including integration technical leaders and further augmented development teams underneath, and working largely on their own initiative.
About the opportunity
• Perform Software Architecture activities including its definition and ensure those are delivered as defined. This role keeps the software technical intellectual property.
• Keep up to date on the industry best practices, standards, methodologies and be able to do all the relevant R&D activities before they can be introduced.
• Manage and lead a team of augmented Software Technical Leads in charge of the delivery of the integration software.
• Ensure the software delivered is as per the quality defined and liaise with the Governance Manager to measure and report on the OKRs and KPIs defined.
• Maintains the relationship with the partners for software related topics.
• Strong technical knowledge in the Software space (microservices and integration).
• Very experienced in Software Architectures.
• Good communicator at all levels (both from a technical perspective as well as to senior management).
• Experience working with offshore resources and leading technically teams.
• Able to operate under pressure and in rapid changing environments.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive salary
• Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• Boots Pension Scheme
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
• Access to our IT learning academy
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
As a member of the Global IT community you will work across the Walgreens Boots Alliance group including Boots UK & ROI, No7 Beauty Company, Walgreens & International Retail. You will be part of a global team who all share global objectives and strive to accomplish greater agility, efficiencies and IT modernisation to enhance our capabilities and offering.
WBA’s purpose is to help people around the world lead healthier and happier lives. As the largest retail pharmacy across the U.S. and Europe with more than 170 years of serving communities, we are constantly pushing the industry forward and being true to this purpose, caring for customers and patients every day. And that won’t ever change.
With our global technology partnerships and the combined talent of more than 450,000* people across more than 25 countries*, we’re able to provide seamless experiences for our customers and to say at the forefront of healthcare delivery”
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions