About the opportunity
Boots and the No7 Beauty company recognise the value of data as a strategic asset and have invested in creating an independent Data Office. Our data office supports the business with data platforms, management and usage in the business to drive commercial value and achieve strategic ambitions. As part of this new community you will work alongside experts across all specialisms that support a data centric business, bringing great opportunities to develop a career pathway and broaden your skill set and knowledge.
Our Delivery Project Management team provides knowledge, expertise in all aspects of project delivery with a solid grasp of the IT and data strategy to support our data science and analytics community within Boots. We’re looking for a talented individual to make the next step in their career and join us as a Project Manager. Project Management is a broad discipline so we’re seeking candidates from a range of backgrounds including: IT, Data / Business Intelligence disciplines, Analysis, Finance, Business Partnering.
As Project Manager you will be:
• Focused predominantly on project management within the Data & Analytics environment.
• Working closely with the Business Partnering team to clarify definitions of scope and data requirements and then overseeing engagement with engineering delivery partners for successful implementation
• You'll work closely with Platform Architects, Data Architects and the Engineering teams to define platform capabilities that are required to support the product implementation, e.g. encryption etc.
• Engaging with multiple divisional teams across the IT landscape to oversee the transformation of data to the cloud platform as well as 3rd party engineering partners.
• Delivering several data projects at various stages of the delivery lifecycle at any one time.
• You'll work in a fast-paced environment and be able to demonstrate the ability to prioritise not only your own deliveries but also those of your team.
Successful candidates will bring strong technical and analytical abilities and a passion for delivering results for customers - internal and external. So, if you’re passionate about working with data to solve business problems and excited by the idea of joining an industry-leading data team, we’d love to hear from you.
Previously successful candidates have brought some of the following skills and experience:
• Thought Leadership
• Expertise in various delivery methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall etc
• Understanding of cloud based technologies and components
• Experience of transformation and data migration
• Working closely with multiple 3rd party vendors on shore, off shore and near shore and establishing excellent relationships and ways of working
We are on a mission to transform how we store, access, consume, model and translate our data to optimise the value in our business and to our customers. Growing our capabilities in our newly formed central data office is part of this exciting journey.
This is consumer data in retail for the real world, you’re so close to your customers in all ways – in store, online and internally that our data teams play a huge part in helping our business evolve in the rights ways to support and be with our customers, for life.
Our Data Office function supports different areas of our business, working on projects that make a real difference – from our hugely successful Boots App, our fantastic Advantage Card loyalty programme, consumer trends and brand insights to our world-class warehousing system.
We place so much value on our team – if you want to build a career that will keep developing with your skills, there’s no better place to do it.
In joining the Data function, you will be able to access:
• The WBA IT Academy
• BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT - up to the level of Fellow
• The Information Security Forum for professional development in the Cyber Security and Information Governance arena
• Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society for certification in the use of digital healthcare
• College of Healthcare Information Management Executives for globally recognised qualification in the delivery of digital healthcare
Additionally, a series of internal learning opportunities are also available to all members of the team including regular connections to the Data office team and wider team delivering change through technology at Boots and the No7 Beauty Company. The team ethos is one of shared learning and we support attendance at public events throughout the UK and the onward sharing of this within the team.
The Boots and No7 Company Data and IT functions have a well-established diversity, equity and inclusion model and charter known as “Inclusive IT” that strives to make allies of everyone who works within the team.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions