Assistant Beauty Buying Manager
Closing Date - Wednesday 14th December 2022
The Assistant Beauty Buying Manager for Beauty is a fast paced, hands-on role that involves working in a dynamic small team supporting the Buying Manager. Boots is Irelands leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer with 90 stores and expanding.
About the opportunity
- As an Assistant Buying Manager, you'll work in conjunction with the Buyer to support the development of annual category plans and implement these in line with the overall category strategy.
- Your role will involve a wide range of activities, covering range management, pricing and promotion, merchandising, buying and supplier management, with a focus on increasing market share and maximising profit.
- You’ll also have the chance to help influence new product ranges and exclusive to Boots content in conjunction with our suppliers and Global Brands Team. Furthermore you will take responsibility for data analysis and providing insights across all activities to become an expert in your category area and to support management decision-making. Ensuring you understand Boots customers is integral to your role, as the Boots customer will be at the forefront of any decisions
- Building relationships with suppliers and working closely with your counterparts within Boots, from marketing & .com to merchandising & customer support is a key part of the Assistant Buying Manager role.
- You’ll need to be commercially astute and have some commercial experience
- A passion for trading and interested in retail
- You need to be confident in your ideas, agile in your decision making.
- You will need to be able to inspire a cross-functional team to deliver lots and quickly
- You may currently be an Assistant Buyer or a Buyers Assistant within retail however, we do not necessarily expect specific category experience
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
- Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
- Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Boots has a commitment to our candidates and as such we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We have a defined list of preferred agency partners who may be invited to support us in sourcing candidates for particular roles.
We do not accept speculative and unsolicited CVs submitted to Boots contractors and employees by any means other than through our recruitment portal under instruction from the Boots Recruitment Team.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions