Finance Analyst – Process & Controls
Our Boots Opticians are looking for a Finance Analyst - Process & Controls to join our Financial Control team. This role supports the Finance Manager – Financial Accounting in ensuring the Opticians business has efficient financial processes and robust financial controls.
About the opportunity
This is a role which allows you to use process mapping skills whilst developing technical accounting knowledge and an analytical mind-set. In this role you will:
• Work with the finance team and other teams across the business to identify and document the finance processes currently in place.
• Review current processes and suggest improvements on how to make processes more efficient and accurate.
• Identify risks in the processes and assess adequacy of internal control procedures to mitigate.
• Manage the completion and documentation of financial controls across the finance team.
If you are looking for a diverse Finance Analyst role and have a career mindset where you want to impress in a core function, you are going to be right for this role. This is an autonomous role so needs someone self-motivated and eager to exceed expectations. It will be ideal if you are the below:
• Technically strong with good project management skills
• Able to manage challenging stakeholders with appropriate impact & influence
• Previous experience of reviewing & documenting processes
• Good excel skills & knowledge of Microsoft Visio
• A strong communicator who enjoys building new relationships
Boots Opticians is one of the leading optical chains in the UK and we’re still growing. We’re all about enriching the lives of every person who walks through our door; including yours. Bring your skills to a business that offers genuine career progression thanks to sheer diversity of practices and roles – and expect to be supported and developed from day one. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions