Project Lead, Property PMO
10 month secondment
An exciting opportunity to step into the fast-paced world of Property in a PMO support role across one of the most diverse retail property portfolios in the UK and Republic of Ireland.
The role of Project Lead, Property PMO, has responsibility for the provision of a broad range of programme management support, working with colleagues and stakeholders across the Boots business to help coordinate high-profile projects. This includes administrative support and work associated with the planning of property programmes and the scheduling data associated.
About the opportunity:
The Programme Management Office within Property provides scheduling, control and visibility of our workload across the portfolio of programmes and projects we’re working on. We make sure the benefits associated are aligned and understood, so that the delivery of those benefits can be appropriately resourced, monitored and effectively delivered by our project teams. We monitor resource demand and lead for process improvement and best practice. The role of Project Lead, Property PMO contributes in the following ways:
• Monitoring and reporting – you will work with PMO colleagues and key stakeholders to support how assigned programmes are monitored and controlled. Role entails greater responsibility than pure administrative support but that support is important for this role and adds value to the PMO team as a whole.
• Information - you will use your Excel and IT skills to help us with the building blocks of our data. This includes setting up projects on our systems and associated administration. You will be responsible for the timely and accurate updating of other key data. And the development, preparation and analysis of timely programme reports is a key part of your role, building as well as maintaining worksheets.
• Stakeholder management – you will also play a key support role in relation to the scheduling and control of assigned project teams, working closely with Project Managers and PMO colleagues. Through meeting management, including action logs and due item reporting, you will support the team with visibility of agreed milestones and share programme information with which to engage stakeholders accordingly. You will in this way also lead for the timely approval of new activity requests.
• Guidance & support – the role also contributes to how we review the way we work, facilitating process reviews where appropriate. There will also be opportunity to be more hands on with the programme management of some activity, with potential to grow responsibility for other minor works activity
• Organised and manage time effectively, with a high level of attention to detail and an instinct to validate information received and issued
• Ability to work independently as a proactive team member, with good written & verbal communication skills and an ability to build effective relationships quickly.
• Experience of project delivery in a construction or retail environment would be ideal but is not essential.
• IT skills are important, especially in MS Suite (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, etc). The role would benefit from demonstrable excel skills to intermediate level – ie building as well as maintaining worksheets with simple controls to be able to produce reporting and analysis. Awareness of Power Platforms would be advantageous in the future but is not essential as training will be provided.
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Excellent onsite facilities, including; staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach, because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working (our Head Office is based in Nottingham).
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions regarding this position please email email@example.com
*Boots has a commitment to our candidates and as such we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We have a defined list of preferred agency partners who may be invited to support us in sourcing candidates for particular roles.
We do not accept speculative and unsolicited CVs submitted to Boots contractors and employees by any means other than through our recruitment portal under instruction from the Boots Recruitment Team*
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions