Senior Manager – Financial Control
12 month FTC
Reporting to the Assistant Financial Controller, BUK & ROI, the Senior Finance Manager, Financial Accounting/Finance Transformation sits within the Boots UK & ROI Financial Accounting and Controls team providing support with the monthly Group reporting process, associated controls and other statutory reporting. The role also provides support expertise around the Global Finance Transformation project, primarily around the development of an enhanced reporting and consolidation system.
About the opportunity:
This role provides global exposure working closely with both the local and Group Controllership, Treasury and FP&A teams in both Chicago and Weybridge, along with the extended offshore finance team.
• As cover for the existing Senior Finance Manager, provide support and leadership with the monthly and quarterly Group (US GAAP) reporting, as well as all close processing;
• Ownership of the quarterly consolidation and reporting process, including the completion of quarterly IFRS accounts;
• Lead, motivate and support the onshore Financial reporting team to continuously deliver to a high standard;
• Build and maintain a strong working relationship and working closely with the extended offshore finance team to maintain high standard of deliverables, providing a point for timely escalation and resolution of issues
• Provide support with the statutory audit process, including audit deliverables and assistance with statutory accounts;
• Providing technical support and systems knowledge as required to the Finance Transformation team to successfully deliver a new/enhanced Group reporting and consolidation system;
• Providing technical support around consolidation adjustments, including GAAP differences, inter-company eliminations, including support with local and US reporting requirements in order to optimise system enhancements.
• Qualified accountant with significant post qualified experience, strong technical accounting skills and knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley;
• Strong knowledge and experience of financial reporting and consolidation systems, including statutory (local) and US GAAP reporting, Cognos and SAP experience an advantage;
• Attention to detail with the ability to spot potential errors or identify areas of focus/challenge within a monthly reporting process;
• Proven experience of timely and accurate delivery of both month-end and year-end reporting including statutory audits and UK financial statements;
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex financial issues to those with a non-finance background, and build strong relationships with senior business partners across the business, and within finance both on and offshore;
• Passionate and results-driven, with proven ability to manage and prioritise tasks and work to tight reporting deadlines, and a willingness to challenge around accounting or system matters;
• Enthusiasm with a can-do attitude, willing to take on challenges and “roll up sleeves” as required.
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Excellent onsite facilities, including; staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach, because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working (our Head Office is based in Nottingham).
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions regarding this position please email email@example.com
*Boots has a commitment to our candidates and as such we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We have a defined list of preferred agency partners who may be invited to support us in sourcing candidates for particular roles.
We do not accept speculative and unsolicited CVs submitted to Boots contractors and employees by any means other than through our recruitment portal under instruction from the Boots Recruitment Team*
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions