Technical Assistant – Boots Beauty & Personal Care Technical Team
The Technical Assistant supports the Boots Beauty & Personal Care Technical team in delivery of new products in to Boots. Your role would be to manage the technical data for our products, the specification, validation and compliance of new product keeping the customer at the heart of decision making. Projects will vary in complexity, you will liaise with a wide network of internal and external stakeholders to ensure all data is available to meet consumer needs and optimised to the right quality and within agreed timescales.
About the opportunity
The role holder will play a pivotal role in ensuring all technical activities are completed in a timely manner ensuring new products are launched on time and existing products remain available. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ensures all products have the correct documentation in place and is maintained
throughout the product lifecycle
• Accountable for managing the approved samples and release to market.
• Control and loading documents onto information management systems
• Maintain technical data systems in line with quality management system requirements.
• Uses process & systems knowledge to identify and implement new or improved ways of working.
• Managing technical queries and complaints from customers
• Coordinating on behalf of the technical team complex initiatives such as ongoing product compliance and new accreditations for the Boots brand
• Managing key stakeholders to ensure deadlines are met
• Adopting all applicable processes and procedures in line with the Quality Management System.
• Managing budget administration including raising POs, tracking invoices, overall project budget reports.
The ideal candidate will be:
• Pro-active and keen to learn and develop at all times
• Ready to question and challenge the status quo
• Strong drive, determination and resilience
• Have a natural ability to build relationships with colleagues
• Willingness to deliver on difficult deadlines while understanding the underlying strategy with attention to detail and data accuracy.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions