Communications & Engagement Specialist
Global Beauty Academy – No7 Beauty Company
Full time - 37.5 hours per week
Hybrid role with office base either Nottingham Support Office or London Sedley
Two opportunities available:
• Communications & Engagement Specialist (No7 Beauty Company) - Maternity Cover circa 12 months
• Communications & Engagement Specialist (Liz Earle) - Maternity Cover circa 12 months
If beauty, big brands, and creative words are your thing, then this is the role for you. You’ll support the Global Communications & Engagement Manager in the development and delivery of the internal communications and engagement plan for our No7 Beauty Company beauty advisor population.
You’ll manage key stakeholders, working in close partnership to identify new and innovative ways of talking to our Advisors. You’ll work closely with brand and commercial teams, beauty advisors and field team members to create and deliver innovative communications that inform and inspire colleagues, drive strong brand advocacy and high levels of employee engagement, in equal measure.
About the opportunity
- Own the end-to-end delivery of advisor facing communications for your brand, including day-to-day communications, engagement events, branded TV episodes, digital communication packs (magazines/newsletters), intranet portal and internal social channels. Liaise with external designers and suppliers where required
- Create and design materials that drive brand engagement, excitement and advocacy in our beauty advisors and store colleagues, delivering measurable financial results for the business
- Work closely with UK & ROI stakeholders to develop your understanding of the audience and their needs so that your communications are designed specifically with the end user in mind
- Support the delivery of listening forums, creating two-way engagement between our Advisors/Leaders and support office teams, generating a sense of trust, belief and one team mindset
- Work in partnership with the Talent & Development Specialist to lead the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Advisory Board, giving our advisors a platform to share their voice and to ensure that everything we do as a team has DE&I at the heart
- Ensure consistency of tone of voice and visual identity for the brand in all internal communications. Your voice will be an important one in our team when it comes to exploring and developing new and different approaches to communicating with and engaging colleagues
- You have experience within a similar role in Internal Communications
- You’re a fantastic communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills, able to put yourself in the shoes of your audience
- You have a keen eye and exceptional attention to detail with a love for proof-reading and finding ways to improve your communications
- You’re a great networker, able to build rapport with stakeholders and nurture good working relationships
- You’re able to keep a cool head and juggle multiple projects and stakeholders while meeting tight deadlines
- You have some experience of designing, coordinating and delivering events
- You have experience of working within a leading brand – specifically in relation to tone of voice and brand visual identity
- Digital design capabilities – you’re a creative person and confident using Microsoft applications such as PowerPoint. You may even have some experience using Adobe CC platforms such as InDesign etc
- You’re passionate about all things beauty – an interest in cosmetics or skincare is a must in this role
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
- Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
Why No7 Beauty Company
No7 Beauty Company is the new face of beauty and creates the best in beauty for everyone.
We bring a collection of trusted, affordable beauty brands for every skin type, ethnicity, age, and texture. We’re proud of our stand-out portfolio of iconic, global beauty brands, including No7, Liz Earle Beauty Company, Botanics, Soap & Glory, Sleek MakeUp and YourGoodSkin.
Our collection of inclusive and innovative beauty brands has a rich heritage of over 85 years in beauty and skincare. We are powered by our diverse people, these loved brands and - with listening at the heart of our strategy - a deep understanding of our customers.
We’re serious about championing change, building purposeful brands and acting responsibly to make a difference.
We're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
Boots has a commitment to our candidates and as such we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We have a defined list of preferred agency partners who may be invited to support us in sourcing candidates for particular roles.
We do not accept speculative and unsolicited CVs submitted to Boots contractors and employees by any means other than through our recruitment portal under instruction from the Boots Recruitment Team.
Closing Date – Monday 5th December 2022
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions