Category Management Coach
A great opportunity for an experienced commercial manager to join our Category Re-profiling team which is part of the Customer & Commercial Insights function for the UK. The role is based in the Nottingham Support Office and offers hybrid working.
About the opportunity
The CRP team play a pivotal role in supporting our UK business translate customer based insights into an optimised customer offer and the coach role is key to this ambition. Using a range of skills - relationship building, commercial, analytical and project management, CRP coaches lead virtual teams across a range of functions from the U.K. business (trading, multichannel, brand, merchandising, supply, marketing and other insight teams) to apply category management best practice to deliver customer centric retail lever plans. We are looking for a high calibre candidate who can lead the thinking and inspire others, to deliver tactical plans that step change performance.
- Organise and lead a cross functional projects involving the curation of and preparation of insights and tactical retail lever recommendations, leading engaging workshops, coaching and empowering your virtual teams to make decisions on topics ranging from price, promotions, multi-channel and format ranges, distribution and merchandising, whilst facilitating engagement with other impacted functions and programmes.
- Ensures rigour and quality of customer and financial inputs into the projects they lead to ensure that opportunities and trade-offs are identified and understood, whilst ensuring the customer offer is not compromised and remains customer led.
- Demonstrate flexibility in supporting and helping to shape our approach to category management best practice.
- ‘Bring the outside in’ by sharing best practice and knowledge of the external market and competitor landscape with the teams that you work with.
Of graduate calibre, ideally in a commercial or business discipline, you will have:
- A proven track record in a commercially-focused role (minimum 3 years) ideally retail or FMCG
- The ability to lead and coach in a dynamic commercial environment to empower, motivate and inspire the delivery of world class category management decisions
- A first-class relationship manager and project manager with great, all-round communication and influencing skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong analytical skills (including excel skills) which enables you to you to create a narrative from analysis and insights, with a high degree of customer focus
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive salary
- Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- Boots Pension Scheme
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
Please note that you may not hear back from us until at least 10 October 2022 due to annual leave.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions