WBA are seeking an experienced Head of Integration Solution Architecture to join our growing Integration Center of Expertise within. This is a permanent role with the flexibility to work from the comfort of your own home or in our vibrant Boots head office in Nottingham.
As our new Head of Integration Solution Architecture, you will lead a team of Integration Solution Architects in order to deliver the Integration solutions for the business and technology projects based on traditional integration domains (ETL, ESB) as well as in the new technologies we are introducing (Eventing, CDC, microservices, etc.). as the head of the team you will interact with senior stakeholders both internal and external to ICE as well as with other architecture teams and governance bodies.
What you’ll be doing
- Providing consulting services for cross functional and cross technology activities, steering the Integration Solution Architects, and participating in complex integration solutions and scenarios.
- Set the strategy and governance of the integration solutions, chairing the Integrations Technical Council.
- Lead and manage a team of Solution architects, including definition of KPIs, keeping the team up to date with industry and technology trends, and helping them define standards and patterns.
- Ensure scalability of the solutions as well as compliance with the security policies.
- A self-paced individual able to work in challenging and changing environments.
- Have a strong background and significant experience in integration technologies including private and public Cloud ones.
- Be able to embrace both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Understanding of Software architecture and Engineering.
- Experience designing Integration solutions and transformation strategies.
About our team – Integration Center of Expertise
WBA is the world’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK, approaching 10,000 stores in the US and thousands more internationally, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible.
The Integration Center of Expertise is a cross divisional team that provides Integration services to other functions, from architecture, design, implementation, and operations. Within the remit of the function, it is at its core do all the data movements required to model business processes by connecting applications in premise and both in private and public cloud exploiting all the Integration domains. Our strategy is to move to an API first approach and move the date closer to the end consumers to enable new journeys and create he right experience for them.
- We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you (All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility)
- Competitive salary
- Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- Boots Pension Scheme
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions