Warehouse Team Member
Job Reference: 185209BR
Boots Warehouse, Burton On Trent
We have a fantastic opportunity for permanent, full-time Warehouse Team Members to join our world class, automated Service Centre in Burton upon Trent. We’re looking for experienced warehouse colleagues to support and shape the operation in these critical roles.
About the role
You will play a key part in ensuring the efficient delivery of stock to both our retail stores across the UK and our online customers. We’re a large team who support various parts of the Boots business so we operate in an agile, fast-paced environment, across various operations providing services to millions of customers via automated and non-automated environments. With recent investments in our automation operations and development of robotics, this is a really exciting time to join our expanding operation and start your journey with us.
As a Boots Warehouse Team Member, you will be working in a non-customer facing warehouse and be part of a team of colleagues that are invaluable to our organisation. This role is key in supporting our 7-day operation across one of the shift patterns below:
- Dayshift - 12-hour shift from 10am to 10pm, 4 days on and 4 days off
- Dayshift - 8-hour shift, 5 days from 7
- Nightshift - 12-hour shift from 10pm to 10am, 4 nights on and 4 nights off
- Nightshift - 8-hour shift, 5 nights from 7
- Navigate our warehouse management system, enabling timely task completion
- Assisting Team Leaders and Managers with administrative and data entry tasks that provide and measure key warehouse data.
- Effectively and accurately pick and dispatch stock and customer orders
- Ensure you meet performance standards for quality, productivity, performance and attendance
- Previous experience with computers and systems is required
- Great communication and problem-solving skills
- High level of literacy and numeracy
- Positive attitude towards your team and to delivering great customer service
- Flexible and able to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as part of a large team to achieve results
- Knowledge of warehouse processes would be beneficial
- Accepts additional challenges and responsibilities as required
- Competitive salary - £10p/h plus any associated shift premium
- 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays and option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
- Annual discretionary bonus scheme
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands and Boots Opticians)
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including discounted gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK at times of financial hardship
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
Once we’ve received your application it will be processed, and you’ll be contacted shortly informing you of the next steps. If successful a member of our team will contact you to invite you to attend an interview at our site in Burton.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions