Accuracy Checking Pharmacy Technician – Boots Central Support Pharmacy
Welcome to the Boots Central Support Pharmacy team – an exciting team within Boots UK which is at the heart of our growth plans as more patients look to us for online fulfilment of their prescriptions. We are a non-customer facing pharmacy based on our Nottingham Head Office Site in a warehouse and dispensing environment, operating 7 days per week, Monday to Saturday 7am-6pm and Sunday 8am-4pm.
We need the very best people to join and lead our highly skilled healthcare team who share our passion and commitment in delivering a great experience to every customer.
Accuracy and care is what this role is all about. Supplying a prescription service that exceeds our patient’s expectations and make it an enjoyable customer journey is at the heart of what we do. This role is a great opportunity to continue your professional and pharmacy career.
About the opportunity
The BCSP is a growth area within Pharmacy Supply Chain that supports multiple initiatives. These include supporting the pharmacy loss agenda, PMED picking and despatching, supporting the Winter Flu Campaign plus other commercial opportunities. Our key operation is the Boots Online Doctor service.
• Responsibility for legal, safe & ethical decision-making in the pharmacy
• Conducting the final accuracy check for prescriptions that have been clinically checked by a pharmacist
• Delivering efficient dispensary operations
• Ordering medicines, labelling, dispensing and endorsing of prescriptions
• Providing accurate, technical expert knowledge
• Deliver against all set KPIs
• Reporting directly into the Assistant Manager
• Supply Chain and Operational Focus
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good Prioritisation Skills
• Pharmacy experience
• Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the General Pharmaceutical Council
• Accuracy Checking Pharmacy Technician qualification
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive salary
• Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• Boots Pension Scheme
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
*Boots has a commitment to our candidates and as such we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We have a defined list of preferred agency partners who may be invited to support us in sourcing candidates for particular roles.
We do not accept speculative and unsolicited CVs submitted to Boots contractors and employees by any means other than through our recruitment portal under instruction from the Boots Recruitment Team*
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions