WBA is seeking an experienced Senior HR Business Partner to join our HR team in Weybridge. This is a permanent role with the flexibility to work from the comfort of your own home 2 days per week and with regular travel to our Weybridge, London, Nottingham and offices.
As our new Senior HR Business Partner, you will lead efficient and effective HR Shared Services, ensuring the delivery of consistent and high-quality service to Team Members, the HR Function and Business Leadership teams. You will play a key role in business partnering with senior stakeholders across the Corporate function to support line managers across the function to lead and manage their teams. In addition, to lead in the development and implementation of HR Policies, Processes and Procedures, ensuring the Business complies with ‘best-practice’ standards in respect of Governance and ways of working.
The purpose of this role is to act as a partner to the business leaders and their teams to support the build and development of the corporate function. They will support the HR Director in creating a workforce strategy that ensures the right people, with the right capabilities are in the right place. The Senior HR Business Partner will support the HRD to set up the HR operation ensuring relevance to the local market and maintaining alignment to other employing entities where appropriate. The role will have end to end HR responsibility for team members in Corporate functions across Diversity and Inclusion, Learning and Development, Talent Management and Organisational Design/Development. The role holder will manage a shared service team in the delivery of all people related matters, including but not limited to, the production of key employee communications, onboarding of new joiners, management of the HR Information System and management of all HR records.
- Establishing and maintaining a professional and collaborative relationship/network with the wider WBA organisation, obtaining a deep understanding of the organisation and its internal goals and processes.
- Partnering with leaders guiding on the change agenda (structural and cultural).
- Providing accurate HR advice and support to leaders in relation to all aspects of employment relations, including labour relations, grievances and employment law
- Working in conjunction with the HRDr and other employing entities to develop the appropriate approach to policies and practices towards Learning and Development, Diversity and Inclusion, Performance Management, Talent Management and Leadership Development.
- Continually reviewing current operating model and designs to ensure maximum efficiencies, value and performance.
- Leading the delivery of HR policies and practices; complying with best practice and legislation whilst effectively supporting business goals and maintaining a flexible, innovative performance culture.
- Delivery of HR support services for team members, covering the full employee life cycle
- Compliance with all legislation, advising on forthcoming changes and development / implementation of appropriate solutions as required
- Managing change to ensure new ways of working and system changes land without interruption
- HR business continuity, data security and risk management, ensuring the HR function has sound business continuity plans in place with good controls around risk management and data security
- Be a leader beyond the HR Shared Services team, working with the wider HR Function to manage and support projects and programmes as required. Providing insight and taking the lead where necessary, to drive the both the HR agenda and project related activities.
- Responsibility for and management of the payroll interface, including the addition of all new joiners and timely management of leavers
- Responsibility for optimising and prioritising the workload of the Shared Service team to maximise efficiency and output
- Ensure team members are developed, engaged and available to deliver the services required by the Business
- Support the development of new HR Policies, Processes and Procedures, reflecting the evolving requirements of the WBA Business and ensuring best practice is implemented and maintained.
- Experience of leading service teams with complex environments
- Knowledge of HR processes and methodology
- Ability to identify new opportunities and anticipate forthcoming changes that may impact on the shared service function
- Capability in process management and continuous improvement
- A high degree of I.T. literacy and proven ability in managing HR Information systems and payroll interfaces
- Good leadership behaviours
- Planning and project management
- Supplier and stakeholder management / relationship building
- Excellent written and verbal communication – able to translate complex subjects into clear instructions
- Fluent in verbal and written English; additional language skills would be highly advantageous
What’s in it for you:
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- Flexible benefits scheme including personal medical insurance, (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
Who we are
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is an integrated pharmacy, healthcare and retail leader serving millions of customers and patients every day, with a 170-year heritage of caring for communities.
A trusted, global innovator in retail pharmacy with approximately 13,000 locations across the U.S., Europe and Latin America, WBA plays a critical role in the healthcare ecosystem. The company is reimagining local healthcare and well-being for all as part of its purpose – to create more joyful lives through better health. Through dispensing medicines, improving access to a wide range of health services, providing high quality health and beauty products and offering anytime, anywhere convenience across its digital platforms, WBA is shaping the future of healthcare.
The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA has been recognized for its commitment to operating sustainably: it is an index component of the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) and was named to the 100 Best Corporate Citizens 2021.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Our vision is to create a culture where diversity, equity and inclusion are at the centre of everything we do; powering greater teamwork and innovation and inspiring us to help people across the world lead happier, healthier lives. We are an equal opportunities employer on a mission to attract, develop and engage colleagues who reflect the diverse customers, patients and communities we serve, and to foster an inclusive culture where everyone feels respected, valued and excited to drive superior business performance.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions