SSC Team Manager
Supply Chain Logistics is an integral part of the Boots business ensuring that the right products appear on the right shelves at the right time. Our fast moving consumer goods environment is efficient, modern, and supports the Retail and Pharmacy business to UK stores and Boots International. There are a variety of operations providing service to multiple customers across the Alliance Boots group via automated and non-automated environments.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Team Manager within our Stores Service Centre (SSC). The purpose of this role is to lead and motivate a team of warehouse team members based in our Nottingham facility with a focus on maximising individual performance and ensuring our stores have the right stock, in the right place at the right time. This is achieved through effective and accurate receiving, repacking, picking and despatching of stock and in addition, creating a positive, can do culture.
About the opportunity
• Customer focus that makes sure that we deliver the right products, to the right place at the right time achieved through accurate receiving, packing and despatching of stock at pace.
• Create a positive ‘can do’ culture.
• Pre-empt any problems and take the appropriate action to deal with them.
• Lead & motivate a team of team members.
• Maximise individuals’ performance through coaching.
• Ensure that team members meet performance standards for quality, productivity, performance & attendance.
• Deliver budgeted productivity rates and indirect hours.
• Ensure the team are kept engaged through effective communication & the delivery of team briefings.
• Collate data for your team on agreed KPIs.
• Ensure operational compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Health & Safety, security, product safety, maintenance, cleaning.
• Ensure that workflow is consistent during break times.
• Maintain an effective handover from the off going shift & the preparation & delivery of pre-shift briefings.
• Ideally you will have experience of leading and motivating an operational team.
• You can demonstrate that you have developed yourself as well as other team members.
• You have managed performance and achieved fantastic results.
• Able to confidently lead & motivate a team.
• A self-starter who is calm under pressure
• Able to look & think ahead & doesn’t ignore problems.
• Owns issues & doesn’t leave them for others to resolve.
• Results & service driven.
• An ambassador for the warehouse.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Emily.email@example.com
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions