Assistant Product Manager for Boots Brand & Exclusive Brands Beauty
As an APM, you will be responsible for delivering the Boots brand and exclusive brand product strategy &3 year product pipeline on sun, including Soltan, and Baby. These are two important categories for us, with Soltan being one of the biggest suncare brands in the UK and our baby range being the brand of choice for mums. This a strategic role in our portfolio where we can really drive market changing innovation and attract customers to Boots with our unique offer.
About the opportunity
You’ll lead the end-to-end product development to deliver these plans, from creating compelling, consumer-led concepts through to delivering the finished product on shelf. You’ll react fast to changing product trends & consumer needs, identifying opportunities to add value to the business & while meeting customer needs better than ever before. You’ll plug into the work on the Boots Masterbrand to ensure these two categories are laddering up to our pillars: value, sustainability, innovation, social purpose and quality.
You’ll work closely with your colleagues across the business along with external design agencies and R&D teams to bring your products to life in the most compelling way.
• You will report to the Product Manager of Sun and Baby
• You’ll be relentlessly passionate about products, trends and consumer insight
• You will take ownership of the end to end product development for your brands, from concept creation through to ensuring the on time delivery and sufficiency of the product plans
• You’ll be responsible for mapping market & category trends and opportunities, translating macro trends into each and every element of the product.
• You will have a deep understanding of our product development process, always looking for opportunities to work smarter.
If you love products, you’ll love our team! We’d really like for someone who can:
• Demonstrate experience in end to end product development
• Follow beauty trends and the latest influencers
• Comfortable with the more technical aspects of product formulations and artwork
• Articulate with numbers as you’ll need to understand cost prices, exchange rates, margins and business case outputs
• You’re passionate about great design and have experience in briefing and feeding back to agencies
• You are a relationship builder and have experience working in cross functional teams
• You’re passionate & thrive on finding new and improved ways of doing things
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions