We are looking for a Pharmacist to join our Pharmacy Supply Chain Team on a permanent basis. This is a rare Pharmacist opportunity allowing you to work in multiple fast paced and innovative Pharmacy Supply Chain operations. You’ll be part of a team responsible for overseeing the safe dispensing and dispatch of orders placed via our new and exciting Online Doctor Services as well as supporting our internal stock transfer and vaccine supply programme which supports our stores. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in a non-Customer facing role, ensuring operational and professional compliance, and patient safety across our Pharmacy Supply Chain operations.
You’ll be working alongside a team of other Pharmacists, covering a shift pattern that includes Saturday and Sunday working. Flexibility with your working pattern is required, our current operating hours are between 7am – 6pm Monday to Saturday and 8am – 4pm on a Sunday. These hours will be reviewed as demand increases. We always welcome part time applications for our roles.
What you can expect:
As a Pharmacist with us, it goes without saying that you’ll be providing excellent customer care, it’s more than just dispensing medicine, it’s listening to and inspiring others whilst giving them your expert advice and reassurance.
• Accountable for legal and ethical decisions in the pharmacy
• Building pharmacy capability of our Pharmacy Supply Chain Teams
• Conducting continual review through audit, observations and risk assessment to ensure customer and patient safety is paramount
• Delivering a range of professional pharmacy services
• Working with our Chief Pharmacist Office to work inline with current SOPs, clinical governance guidelines and manage patient safety reviews
• Working with our Pharmacy Advisors to tutor their development
What’s next for you?
Career Progression: You will be able to develop your career with a wide variety of opportunities. From continuing your professional development in our Pharmacy Supply Chain or progressing into our Support Office, we’ll give you all the training and support you need from our award winning L&D team.
What you need: To be successful in this role you will have a professional, caring character and a true desire to help others feel good. In addition you will:
• Be registered with relevant pharmacy regulator (GPhC, PSNI, PSI)
• Demonstrate high levels of professional pharmacy experience
• Have a passion for providing the best care for our customers
• Have a love of working collaboratively with a team-centred approach
• Have excellent knowledge of pharmacy operations and provisions of national and local services
• Role model communication skills to effectively meet the varied needs of customers and patients in pharmacy
• Experience of working in pharmacy in an industrial/manufacturing setting would be beneficial but is by no means essential
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we decide.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive salary
• Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• Boots Pension Scheme
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Emily.Smith-Kenny@boots.co.uk
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions