About the opportunity
This is your opportunity to be part of something very exciting, Boots Opticians is transforming! You will be part of that ransformation helping our business become even better. Working closely with your team members you will have the autonomy to run your business; leading, developing and inspiring your team to deliver an exceptional customer experience every time.
It is a great opportunity to develop your career with us. Previous optical experience isn’t required for this role, we can provide you will all the support you may need. We are looking for experienced leaders who are passionate about delighting customers and supporting team members to be the best they can be.
What you will be doing day to day
- Creating an environment where coming to work is about a persistent focus on ensuring our teams are looking after our customers and having fun on the way!
- Delivery of our targets, interpreting and acting upon insights and data to maximise results
- Leading and coaching our teams to be the best that they can be and in turn are providing exceptional, genuine care to all our customers
- Maintaining clinical, retail and legal standards
- Identifying talent, nurture and grow it
- Passionate in your focus for continuous improvement – engaging with your customers and team to understand how we can strive to be better
You will need to have some retail and commercial experience although not necessarily within an optician’s business You will love the buzz and excitement of leading from the front; being with your team on the salesfloor, interacting with customers and coaching your team. You will have the autonomy to make decisions. The job role is varied; no two days are the same.
- Ability to be able to deliver against multiple objectives at any one time and at pace
- Ability to think tactically and strategically
- Manage budgets and achieve targets
- Resilient and able to lead through change
- Problem solve and find the suitable solution
- Ability to work collaboratively but also independently and without supervision and influence team members and the business
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearing care)
- Attractive bonus scheme
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays with opportunity to purchase more
- Additional flexible benefits that allows you to create a package that best suits your individual needs including cycle to work vouchers, discounted gym membership, cinema and restaurant discounts, and much more
- Excellent opportunities to develop and career opportunities across Boots Opticians, Retail and Pharmacy
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
Boots Opticians is one of the leading optical chains in the UK. We’re all about enriching the lives of every person who walks through our door; including yours. Bring your skills to a business that offers genuine career progression thanks to sheer diversity of stores and roles – and expect to be supported and developed from day one.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our careers page and read about this exciting opportunity. If you choose to apply, your application will be reviewed by our team and we will contact you as soon as we can. If successful, we will contact you to arrange an interview with the hiring manager.
Our Diversity and Inclusion commitment
Diversity and inclusion is at the center of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance.
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions