About the opportunity
As a Store Manager (Optometrist), your job will be to lead, inspire and build the capability of the store teams, to deliver an exceptional customer experience, though the relentless delivery of the company plan in each of your stores. You will be an advocate for Boots Opticians and passionate about our people and customers.
You will deliver a first class customer experience at every step of the customer journey through your team and ensure that all KPI’s and financial targets are reached.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring my stores deliver results through a culture of exceptional care for colleagues and customers, putting the customers at the heart of my decision making
- Driving local plans for Enhanced Services, delivering the associated P&L targets
- Interpreting data and insights and act quickly to maximise business results
- Plan, review and proactively manage clinics to match customer demand and drive profitable clinics working with the deployment lead to maximise my capacity
- Accountability for the Clinical and Health & Safety audits in stores and ensuring the company standards are maintained
- Full accountability for the safety of all customers, patients and colleagues, delivering consistent compliance across all your store, taking action fast where this is not at the standard required.
- Developing great talent, encouraging diversity across my teams and creating a culture of learning, attracting, retaining & developing the best people through a robust succession plan.
- Knowing my external competitor market, and network internally and externally, working closely with Boots Hearingcare, Boots UK and local NHS teams, supporting the interests of colleague, customers and the business.
You will be a proven leader with the ability to build and manage a team remotely and develop talent. You will motivate both individually and as a group and have a talent for getting the very best from your people. More key capabilities you will need are:
- To be a fully qualified optometrist with an ability to balance clinical and retail leadership responsibilities
- Commercial leader with understanding of the market and industry with a sound understanding of operational processes in stores
- Manage a budget and control costs.
- An organized and planned individual able to effectively deploy resource across the cluster
- Agile leader able to deliver against multiple objectives, through strong planning, time management and at pace.
- Resilient and able to lead through change.
- Ability to think tactically and strategically
- Ability to work collaboratively but also independently and without supervision and influence colleagues and peers.
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- One of the best staff discounts in the UK
- Attractive bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with opportunity to purchase more
- Ongoing professional development
- Additional flexible benefits that allows you to create a package that best suits your individual needs including cycle to work vouchers, discounted gym membership, cinema and restaurant discounts, and much more.
- Excellent opportunities to develop and career opportunities across Boots Opticians, Retail and Pharmacy.
Boots Opticians is one of the leading optical chains in the UK. We’re all about enriching the lives of every person who walks through our door; including yours. Bring your skills to a business that offers genuine career progression thanks to sheer diversity of stores and roles – and expect to be supported and developed from day one.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our careers page and read about this exciting opportunity. If you choose to apply, your application will be reviewed by our team and we will contact you as soon as we can. If successful, we will contact you to arrange an interview with the hiring manager.
Our Diversity and Inclusion commitment
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance.
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions