Boots and the No7 Beauty company recognise the value of data as a strategic asset and have invested in creating an independent Data Office. Our data office supports the business with data platforms, management, and usage in the business to drive commercial value and achieve strategic ambitions. As part of this new community, you will work alongside experts across all specialisms that support a data centric business, bringing great opportunities to develop a career pathway and broaden your skill set and knowledge.
We have invested in a cloud data & analytics platform, Data Lynx, migrating previously siloed data across our business units to a centralized enterprise hub, supporting the retirement of legacy on-prem data & analytics warehouses and enabling the transformation and self-serve of data.
As part of the Supply Chain Engineering team you will be bringing the Boots UK Supply Chain Cloud that delivers reliable, high quality Supply Chain data & analytics onto the Data Lynx platform. The performance of our modern supply chain is reliant upon the data we provide to support teams and the analytics we use to drive KPIs making this platform a critical part of delivering value to our customers.
We are looking for a talented individual to make the next step in their career and join us as a Junior Engineer. Engineering is a broad discipline so we are seeking candidates from a range of backgrounds including: Data/ML engineering, DevOps, Cloud Infrastructure, Business Intelligence or Software Engineering.
As a Junior Engineer you will:
- Maintain & support management of the cloud platform – including data pipelines, transformation & load activity.
- Work with Supply Chain analytics & reporting teams to understand their data needs, turning these into requirements and improvements for the platform.
- Develop data pipelines and process automation in Azure and Microsoft Power Platform.
- Working closely with technical solution & project delivery teams to make Supply Chain data available to the wider business and external partners.
- Document data requirements that address data sources, data provenance, data scope and data quality
- Profile large and complex data sets using SQL or other analytical tools to ensure they meet the requirements of our users
- Investigate the cause of data quality issues and initiate the most appropriate resolution
- Ensure data catalogues and mapping documents are up to date and accurate for use by wider teams in self-service analytics.
- Contribute to data management forums to help establish and improve data standards and efficient ways of working
- Use best practice, standards and processes in all aspects of your work.
Successful candidates will bring analytics abilities and a passion for data, with experience of working in analytics, reporting, SQL, or data engineering. So, if you are passionate about working with data to solve business problems and excited by the idea of joining an industry-leading data team, we would love to hear from you.
Previously successful candidates have brought some of the following skills and experience:
- Able to work in fast-paced environment and able to work collaboratively across multi-discipline teams
- Familiar with ETL, pipelines and data loading systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Power Platform products: Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate
- Data protection, security, and governance awareness
- Desirable to have Retail, Pharmacy, Supply Chain and Product data domain experience.
- An understanding of conceptual, logical, and physical data modelling, data lineage/data flow mapping and data quality
We are on a mission to transform how we store, access, consume, model, and translate our data to optimise the value in our business and to our customers. Growing our capabilities in our newly formed central data office is part of this exciting journey.
This is consumer data in retail for the real world, you are so close to your customers in all ways – in store, online and internally that our data teams play a huge part in helping our business evolve in the rights ways to support and be with our customers, for life.
Our Data Office function supports different areas of our business, working on projects that make a real difference – from our hugely successful Boots App, our fantastic Advantage Card loyalty programme, consumer trends and brand insights to our world-class warehousing system.
We place so much value on our team – if you want to build a career that will keep developing with your skills, there is no better place to do it.
In joining the Data function, you will be able to access:
- The WBA (Walgreens Boots Alliance) IT Academy
- BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT - up to the level of Fellow
- The Information Security Forum for professional development in the Cyber Security and Information Governance arena
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society for certification in the use of digital healthcare
- College of Healthcare Information Management Executives for globally recognised qualification in the delivery of digital healthcare
Additionally, a series of internal learning opportunities are also available to all members of the team including regular connections to the Data office team and wider team delivering change through technology at Boots and the No7 Beauty Company. The team ethos is one of shared learning and we support attendance at public events throughout the UK and the onward sharing of this within the team.
The Boots and No7 Company Data and IT functions have a well-established diversity, equity and inclusion model and charter known as “Inclusive IT” that strives to make allies of everyone who works within the team.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions