Category Funding Specialist (12-month fixed term contract)
Our category transformation mission is to make our team member’s life more enjoyable, freeing up time for improving business performance. How we calculate, track, and receive funding on our promotions and deals is a major source of income and performance for the Customer & Category function each financial year. In partnership with Category Transformation, Finance and Continuous Improvement team members, this role is key in reviewing and driving through improvements in how we maximise our financial performance.
About the opportunity
You will sit as part of the Category Transformation Team and work directly day-to-day supporting our category teams to help track and claim all funding monies associated with running the category business. This is a hands-on opportunity where you will genuinely make a real impact on the category teams you are supporting and the business. But this is not a role just about ‘firefighting’; in support of our broader category transformation journey you will work with transformation specialists to help us pinpoint and resolve root cause process challenges in readiness for a major systems deployment in Autumn 2023.
• Providing direction, challenge and pragmatic input on how key funding processes can be streamlined and funding maximised within the category function.
• Take the lead on helping to maximise all funding opportunities for the respective category you are supporting.
• Helping share successes and learnings with the category and wider transformation teams which can be adopted and applied to help other category business areas.
• Understanding and unblocking hurdles which may be preventing monies being claimed
• Assist the Category Transformation Manager as a key liaison and conduit with Finance and Management Information leads to ensure a solution is scoped and delivered which balances business and people impacts.
• Ensure key meetings, actions and follow up steps are followed up on and progress captured
• Represent the voice and view of colleagues who interact with this process in the Category function on a day to day basis.
• A chance to help shape and influence improvements in a key financial process which will have a fundamental impact on category performance.
• Ideally current working knowledge of typical end to end retail funding processes and how deals are set, funding tracked and claimed.
• A strong ‘starter/finisher’ with a keen eye for process flow and improvement in the context of business transformation and better serving our customers.
• A ‘right first time’ and continuous improvement mindset to be able to balance business and people needs and deliver both immediate and interim results which improves business performance.
• Curious and driven to find a pragmatic solution to a business challenge which has existed for a long period.
• Adopt a strong growth and learning mindset, brave to challenge and question where improvements to process could help maximise category financial performance.
• Great relationship building skills, quickly able to add value and help category teams helping close funding challenges directly impacting the category performance.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions