A brilliant opportunity to join an award-winning learning and development team who are energised about developing the talents of all our team members, inclusively and with care. You’ll be an integral team member; scoping, planning, and designing industry leading clinical and retail learning solutions that support business priorities primarily across Boots Opticians and also Boots UK and No7.
Hybrid role with time working in our Nottingham Support Office.
About the opportunity
Supporting and implementing learning across the business, you’ll be part of a great team that builds strong relationships with our stores and support office to develop initiatives that can meet the ever-changing needs of our patients and customers. You will provide world class support and knowledge.
In return, we will build a personal development plan with you that helps you develop and further your career. Giving you the unique opportunity to work across multiple Business Units – Opticians, Retail, Beauty & Healthcare.
• Creative flare and a passion for devising online solutions which excite and engage learners
• Strong experience of creating learning using a variety of learning methods
• Able to create strong and appropriate visual impact in learning content
• High level of skill with the written word – able to translate complex concepts into usable and accessible learning for all
• Able to prioritise own work and to work at pace to meet deadlines
• Proven design skills using Adobe Creative Cloud, with experience of authoring tools such as Storyline and Page Tiger
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent, and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Boots Opticians is one of the leading optical chains in the UK and we’re still growing.
We’re all about enriching the lives of every person who walks through our door, including yours. Bring your skills to a business that offers genuine career progression thanks to sheer diversity of practices and roles – and expect to be supported and developed from day one.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion, you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions