Christmas Operations Assistant
Joining us as a Christmas Operations Assistant is a great opportunity, whether it’s your first job and you’re looking to gain some valuable experience, or you have a passion for retail and you’re looking for a new challenge.
Whilst this is a temporary contract, there could be the potential for a permanent role later on depending on the opportunities in your local area, so it could be the start of a new career with us.
About the opportunity
Christmas in Boots is our most exciting time of the year and it can be very busy, so we’ll provide you with all the training and support you need to help you be at your best. No two days are the same; you could be working in our back shop helping to run our stock room or you could be helping our online offering by processing or preparing boots.com orders. Whatever it is, we always aim to make the best use of your talents and some of the activities that you may be doing include:
- Processing and preparing online customer orders to a high standard using a handheld device
- Obtaining the relevant information required for packing & dispatching of orders
- Locating all the required goods in areas across the store
- Supporting the store’s day to day operational activities
- Working as a team to solve any issues quickly, being able to adapt to what can be a changing environment
Full training is provided for this role and your required skills will include:
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Great organisation and operational skills
- Be able to work as part of a team, supporting your colleagues and helping to deliver the daily activities
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable using handheld mobile devices to support this processing online orders
Please note shift patterns will begin between 9am and 9.30am, ending at 6pm (changing to 7pm during peak period)
Please ensure you are happy to work these hours before applying to the role
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
- Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
If your application is successful, you will be invited to attend an in-store or telephone interview within the next 14 days.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions