WBA is seeking an experienced Information Security Architect to join our growing Global InfoSec team within WBA. This is a permanent role with the flexibility to work from the comfort of your own home or in our vibrant Boots head office in Nottingham.
As our new Information Security Architect, you will design and oversee the implementation of secure information technology architectures that help to identify and define the organization’s cyber security requirements. You will develop modifications to application development, database design, networking, or infrastructure architecture with the goal of complying with internal information security policies and standards.
Do you enjoy working within Information Security and would like to work with purpose and autonomy? If yes, apply today to find out more!
What you’ll be doing
- Recommends modifications to applications, cloud environments, database design, networking, or infrastructure architecture with the goal of protecting WBA customer and business data while enabling the business objectives.
- Monitors emerging products, technologies, or best practices that will improve security for the organization and its stakeholders.
- Works as a team member on problems of moderate scope, complexity, or diversity.
- Assists senior team members in the development of security policies, standards, and strategies.
- Participates in security audits, identifies security gaps, and develops and implements risk mitigation solutions.
- Designs and develops the organization's overall information security architecture to protect its information assets.
- May incorporate vendor solutions as part of the overall information security systems architecture.
- Performs as the subject matter expert in relation to network, data, application and/or cloud security and liaises with other areas of IT in the dissemination of this information to counter threats and internal and external vulnerabilities.
- Responsibilities include advanced researching and identifying information security products, services, and trends, testing security configurations, and developing configuration architectures.
- Experience researching and identifying information security products, services, and trends.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience communicating and presenting technical topics in an easy to understand way to senior leadership and non-technical audiences.
- Solid experience in enterprise information security architectures and solutions.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- Direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
About our team – Information Security within WBA
WBA is the world’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK, approaching 10,000 stores in the US and thousands more internationally, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible.
Information Security is a cross divisional organization of Walgreens Boots Alliance, supporting WBA’s International Divisions (Walgreens, Boots UK, Global Brands, International Retail etc) with their security needs.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated individual to join the team, who can help to drive forward the security roadmap, support business units to ensure they are taking a security-first approach, and to ensure our business is protected.
You will be part of a conscientious, efficient, sociable team, and as a key member of Information Security, you will be a key part of the organisations continued future success.
- We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you (All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility)
- Competitive salary
- Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- Boots Pension Scheme
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions