This Project Manager role is a key position within Boots IT, responsible for the mobilisation and management of a large transformation project within the Boots Opticians Business. This is a great opportunity to work at the heart of the business, delivering technology critical to Business performance. The role involves working collaboratively with key business users, Boots IT colleagues and the wider Walgreens Boots Alliance group, in an interesting and engaging environment.
About the opportunity
The Project Manager plays a key role in the delivery of the overall Boots IT Opticians transformation agenda and strategy. This includes delivering key projects, adhering to project frameworks, continuously assessing project risks & issues, and managing & tracking finances.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Co-ordinating all aspects of the project to ensure successful delivery of customer and business objectives
- Bringing together project team members from across the business and third-party organisations to build and deliver the project plan
- Leading the end to end project lifecycle, from planning, implementation, and evaluation of the projects
- Adhering to project management frameworks and standards within the team, including good financial governance
- Trouble-shooting, problem-solving and escalating issues as required
Our ideal candidate is extremely organised and experienced in project and/or programme management (ideally MSP or PRINCE2 qualified). The key characteristics needed for the role are:
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, with rapidly changing priorities and challenging stakeholders
- Confidence, flexibility and resilience - and willingness to challenge when deadlines are not met or standards not achieved
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and good attention to detail
- Works well with others and experienced in working cross-functionally with a diverse range of people
IT is at the centre of what we do.
This is retail IT for the real world, you’re so close to your customers in all ways – in store, online and internally.
You can get involved with all the different areas of our business, working on projects that make a real difference – from our hugely successful Boots App to our world-class warehousing system.
We place so much value on our IT team – if you want to build a career that will keep developing with your skills, there’s no better place to do it.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive salary
- Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- Boots Pension Scheme
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions